- There are many great instant messaging applications available, but one of the most secure ones is Telegram.
- This app is available on multiple platforms, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to use it in your web browser.
- If you want to know more about messaging and social media, feel free to explore our Web & Cloud section.
- A good web browser can make all the difference, and for the latest guides and news, we encourage you to visit our Browsers Hub.
Telegram is a popular messaging service, and it’s available on almost all desktop and mobile platforms. But did you know that you can use Telegram in your web browser as well?
That’s right, Telegram can just as easily work in your web browser, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to use it.
How do I use Telegram in a browser?
1. Use Telegram Web
- Visit the Telegram web page.
- Select your country and enter your phone number.
- The code will be sent to your Telegram app.
- Enter the code and you’re good to go.
2. Use Opera to open Telegram from the sidebar
This method should work in all modern web browsers, but for the simplest approach, we suggest using Opera since it has integrated messenger.
Thanks to this feature, you can open Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, or VKontakte from Opera’s sidebar and keep them open while browsing the web.
If you’re active on social networks, you’ll be pleased to hear that there’s an Instagram integration available as well.
Additional features include the ability to take screenshots easily, advanced tab management, ability to organize tabs into workspaces, a pop-out video player, and much more.
As for security, there’s tracking protection that will stop tracking scripts and cookies and make your pages load faster. An ad blocker is also available out of the box, so you won’t deal with ads anymore.
Lastly, the browser has a free VPN with unlimited bandwidth which can provide you with an additional layer of privacy.
Overall, Opera is secure, reliable, and with the built-in Telegram messenger, it’s a perfect choice for many.
OperaWith Opera you don’t need to take any extra steps for add-ons. Open Telegram, Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp right from the sidebar.
Telegram is a great app, and with the web version available, you should be able to use it on any platform without any issues.
Are you going to use Telegram in your web browser? Let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: Learn more about Telegram
- Why Telegram is banned?
The app is banned in some countries due to its use of end-to-end encryption and high privacy of its users.
- Is there Telegram Web?
Yes, there’s a web version of Telegram available, and you can use it in any web browser.
- What are the disadvantages of telegram?
Telegram has few disadvantages such as the inability to see the status of your contacts, and the inability to receive messages unless the app is open.
- Why do people use telegram?
People use Telegram because it’s fast and available on multiple platforms. It also uses advanced encryption therefore it offers great privacy to its users.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.