- Terraria is a one-of-kind 2D game you can play on Steam to dig for treasure, build towns, and fight off monsters, including a demon and Cthulhu.
- If you have connection issues that prevent you from enjoying Terraria, such as lags and delays, use one of the VPN apps below to reduce your ping.
- For more cool games that you can play on Steam and other platforms, visit our Gaming section.
- Join our Gaming VPN Hub to find out what else you can do with a VPN.
Terraria is an action-adventure game available on Steam, where you can explore a voxel-based world to dig, build, and engage in combat. It’s the 2D equivalent of Minecraft, making it possible to seek fortune, fight various creatures to survive, and construct towns for others to move in.
Terraria is one of the best survival games on Steam. It hosts many gaming servers all over the world, including the US, UK, Europe, Russia, Brazil, Turkey, and Germany.
If you are having trouble when trying to play Terraria on your computer, use a VPN to improve your ping. The way it works is easy: you connect to a VPN server close to the game server, launch Terraria, and start playing.
What a VPN does is hide your IP address to make it look like you’re closer to the Terraria game server. And a shorter distance means better connection speed. But you need the best VPN software to play Terraria, and we’re here to help.
What are the best VPN apps to play Terraria?
Made by Kape Technologies, Private Internet Access (PIA) is our first choice when it comes to VPN software to play Terraria and reduce ping. It’s also the best Terraria VPN for Android.
It has numerous fast VPN servers from which you can choose, along with exclusive DNS servers to further optimize your Internet connection. If you’re not sure how to begin, you can quickly connect to the PIA recommended server and join a Terraria server to inspect your ping.
What you need to know about PIA:
- More than +3,200 VPN servers in 46 countries
- Install it on Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- Connect up to 10 devices from the same PIA account
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessDecrease your ping time with PIA when playing Terraria on Steam.
Also owned by Kape Technologies, CyberGhost VPN is another excellent VPN to help you improve ping when playing Terraria. Just like PIA, it automatically detects the fastest VPN server based on your current location.
At the same time, you can explore a wide range of servers all over the world. Ideally, you should connect to a VPN server that’s in the same region as your Terraria game server.
What you need to know about CyberGhost VPN:
- Over 6,400 VPN servers in 89 countries
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox
- Supports up to 7 simultaneous connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial without credit card)
CyberGhost VPNBoost your Terraria gaming experience by eliminating lag with this VPN tool.
Similar to PIA and CyberGhost VPN, BullGuard VPN gives you a VPN server recommendation based on your geographical position, in order to ensure the best possible speed.
What you need to know about BullGuard VPN:
- More than 2,000 VPN servers in 16 countries
- Works with Windows, macOS, iOS, Android
- Connect up to 6 devices at the same time
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
BullGuard VPNFight monsters, dig, explore and build in Terraria without worrying about slow Internet, thanks to this VPN app.
All aspects considered, Terarria is a wonderful 2D game that you can play on Steam whenever you need a break from work. To discover the best maps, check out these Terraria map viewers.
However, if you can’t fully enjoy the game due to lags, delays and Internet connection issues, the VPN apps on this list should fix that. And, if you ever stumble upon problems with your VPN solution, don’t hesitate to visit our VPN Errors Hub.
FAQ: Learn more about Terraria and VPN
- Can you use VPN for Terraria server?
Yes, you can connect to a VPN server before joining a Terraria server to reduce ping and make it faster. But you can also learn how to use custom VPN for a Terraria server, in order to host game servers with a VPN.
- How many NPCs are in Terraria?
There are 21 NPCs in Terraria that can move in your home.
- Is Terraria cross-platform?
Yes, Terraria is cross-platform. It supports Windows PC, Android, iOS, Xbox Live, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Vita, and Amazon.
- Will Terraria be free?
So far, there haven’t been any announcements of Terraria becoming free to play.