- If you're having trouble starting your PC, you should consider checking if everything's alright with your PC's power supply.
- Some of the software in this article provide extensive support concerning power supply capabilities.
- Another lightweight power supply monitor comes from an open-source tool.
Testing your computer’s power supply is an essential step when you’re troubleshooting lots of issues, and this is the most useful when your system is having trouble starting.
While there are various options available to test your power supply, using PSU test software is probably the best. In this guide, we have picked five of the best programs you can use to carry out this task easily.
Is there any software to check power supply?
Yes, there are various software options available to check your PC’s PSU. Some of these PSU test software tools are available for free while some are paid tools.
It is important to mention that there are manual methods like using a multimeter to check the PSU. Using software is more convenient and less time-consuming. Here are some of the best picks:
- AIDA64 Extreme – All-in-one PC diagnostic tool
- Iolo System Mechanic – Versatile PC optimizer
- Open Hardware Monitor – Free PSU test software
- HWMonitor – Lightweight monitoring tool
- Sidebar Diagnostics – Built-in diagnostic tool
What is the best PSU tester software?
AIDA64 Extreme – All-in-one PC diagnostic tool
AIDA64 Extreme is an advanced system diagnostics utility that functions as an effective PSU test software. It is able to gather essential data on your system’s hardware and software configuration as well.
Regarding this tool’s configuration options, you can change the layout order. Also, you can specify the folder for your reports, enable email notifications when performing benchmarks, add custom components to the list, filter event logs, and so on.
More so, with this software, you can get informed about your system hardware and identify the voltage or temperature status of your PC. Hence it can detect potential hardware errors and inform you forward to resolve them.
In addition, you can learn about your PC performance limits with a 64-bit stress testing module that will show you the power supply of your computer.
All in all, such complex software can offer you overclocking support or extensive information about hardware performance in minutes. This software is designed for experienced users because of its sophisticated services.
Check out other exciting features that come with AIDA64 Extreme:
- The software allows you to test the capabilities of the system’s memory, FPU, and CPU by running complex benchmarks
- The setup process is fast and straightforward
- AIDA64 Extreme comes with a user-friendly interface with an organized layout
- All the computer component-related data are broken down into separate categories
- The information covers general areas of your system such as power management, sensors, and overclocking
- The tool runs benchmarks and generates reports
You can download AIDA64 Extreme and see how it works with your system if interested in even more features.
Get accurate information revolving around the computer’s power supply and more with this great tool.
Iolo System Mechanic – Versatile PC optimizer
Iolo System Mechanic is an all-in-one PC optimizer with versatile features. It focuses on improving the overall performance of your device.
This program can perform a one-click cleanup that will remove junk files from your system, clean your hard drive, and more.
More so, if you need to boost your PC performance by increasing CPU and RAM resources, this software is your chance. It can therefore help your system to run high-demanding programs and function as power supply stress test software.
At the same time, you can get rid of bloatware or useless startup programs that slow down the computer and block the full capacity of hardware resources.
Additionally, it’s possible to remove over 50 types of junk files using System Mechanic and unclutter your PC to increase performance and free up disk storage.
At the same time, in terms of network connectivity, this software provides great tools to optimize hidden internet settings for fast downloads, less buffering, or better video quality.
With that being said, this efficient program can increase your PC performance in order to offer better results while playing or streaming.
Other key features of this software are:
- Defragments drives and frees memory
- Protects router ports and other connected devices
- Removes bloatware
- Improves RAM usage in real-time
- User-friendly and modern interface
- Boosts internet speed
Iolo System Mechanic
With a multi-award-winning technology, use Iolo to automate complex processes and speed up functions while maintaining high security.
Open Hardware Monitor – Free PSU test software
Open Hardware Monitor is a free open-source tool that can monitor temperature sensors, fan speeds, load, and voltages, and serve as PSU test software.
This program supports most hardware monitoring chips that you will find on today’s mainboards. This software is compatible with all versions of Windows.
Plus, this software is very useful if you require information about temperature sensors, fan speed, load, and clock speeds or voltages of your computer.
It can as well monitor any other hardware resources and read data about your chips found on almost every mainboard. So you can discover data about CPU temperature by reading the sensors of multiple processors like AMD or Intel.
This ranks it among the best power supply test software you can get for free. Also, Open Hardware Monitor program can support 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10 to XP and Vista.
Check out the best features included in this software:
- You will be able to check your system’s power supply accurately
- The CPU temperature can be monitored by reading the core temperature sensors of AMD and Intel processors
- It can also display the sensors of ATI and Nvidia video cards and the SMART, hard drive temperature as well
- The monitored values will be displayed in the main window, in the system tray, or a customizable desktop gadget
HWMonitor – Lightweight monitoring tool
HWMonitor is a lightweight system monitoring tool. This hardware monitoring software will read your system’s primary health sensors for the most common chips.
Firstly, this program can inform any user with essential information about its PC components’ performance. You can then monitor voltages or hardware resources’ temperature at a glance and see how the system reacts. With this, you can always use it as PSU test software.
Regarding the system requirements, this software doesn’t ask for that much from your PC and can run with 32-bit and 64-bit systems on Windows 10-7, XP, Vista, and 2000 versions.
You can thus see detailed reports of your system, regarding the CPU, hard disk, or graphics card. And with these reports, you’ll be able to see your fan speed capacity, temperature for each core, airflow temperature, or graphics card voltage.
It will likewise scan your hard drive’s temperatures. Hence you can enjoy valuable data about your system, plus see it completely in exported documents to analyze your PC performance now vs one year later.
Check out its essential features:
- HWMonitor’s job is to keep track of the most critical sensors on your computer and find out live readings for the HDD temperature and fan speed
- It provides accurate data regarding your power supply
- Setting up the program is an effortless task, and it will not require any particular configuration
- Lists all the components in a hierarchical order so that you’ll be able to sport them more easier
- It provides data revolving around the CPU, GPU, and HDD
This tool provides a simple solution to find out live readings for the sensors of your system. You will find additional features included in the paid version HWMonitor Pro on the official website of HWMonitor.
Sidebar Diagnostics – Built-in diagnostic tool
When it comes to analyzing the resource consumption figures Windows itself provides a competent tool named Resource Monitor that can work as PSU test software.
This utility has all the basics covered when it comes to data about the system’s memory, CPU, disk, and network stats but it’s not entirely convenient when you have tons of running apps.
Sidebar Diagnostics, on the other hand, provides a more convenient solution for viewing and analyzing hardware data.
More so, you can benefit from more capabilities with this program, such as graphs for different metrics, binding hotkeys, or a great number of customization options.
Therefore, you can utilize this software to monitor your hardware system performance and see it all in a sidebar on your own desktop.
Check out its best features below:
- This is a lightweight tool that does mainly what the native Resource Monitor does, but it displays data more attractively
- It comes with a sidebar that is integrated into your desktop
- It displays data about RAM, CPU, GOU, active drivers, power supply, network, and more
- The tool is really customizable allowing you to set things according to your preferences
These are five of the best programs that can function as PSU test software. It’s best to head over to their official websites to check out the complete set of features and see which one seems the best for your skill level and your system’s needs.
If you need more info about a PSU Tester or two, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments section below.