- If you're having trouble starting your PC, you should consider checking if everything's alright with your PC's power supply.
- If you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to check the power supply on your Windows 10 PC, take a closer look below.
- AIDA64 offers a great PC power consumption software with sophisticated features, among other power supply tools.
- Another lightweight power supply monitor comes from an open source. Check out below to see more details.
Testing your computer’s power supply is an essential step when you’re troubleshooting lots of issues, and this is the most useful when your system is having troubles starting.
A failed power supply can be at the root of all kinds of problems, some of which you may not even expect such as spontaneous reboots, random lockups, and even severe error messages.
The power supply is one of the most common hardware parts to fail in a computer.
We picked up the best five programs that allow you to test your system’s power supply just to make sure that everything works as it should.
Take a look at these test computer power supply tools. Finally, choose the one that seems to be able to work best for you.
What is the best power supply test software?
AIDA64 Extreme is an advanced system diagnostics utility that is able to gather essential data of your system’s hardware and software configuration as well.
Check out other exciting features that come with AIDA64 Extreme:
- The software allows you to test the capabilities of the system’s memory, FPU, and CPU by running complex benchmarks
- The setup process is fast and straightforward
- AIDA64 Extreme comes with a user-friendly interface with an organized layout
- All the computer component-related data are broken down into separate categories
- The information covers general areas of your system such as power management, sensors, and overclocking
- The tool runs benchmarks and generates reports
Regarding this tool’s configuration options, you can change the layout order, point out the folder for your reports, enable email notification when performing benchmarks, add custom components to the list, filter event logs and so on.
This software is designed for more advanced users due to its extensive set of sophisticated features.
You can download AIDA64 Extreme and see how it works with your system. If you are interested in even more features.
Get accurate information revolving around the computer’s power supply and more with this great tool.
Iolo System Mechanic is an all-in-one PC optimizer with versatile features that focus on improving the overall performance of your device.
This program can perform a one-click cleanup that will remove junk files from your system, clean your hard drive, and more.
Other key features of this software are:
- Defragments drives and frees memory
- Protects router ports and other connected devices
- Removes bloatware
- Improves RAM usage in real-time
- User-friendly and modern interface
- Boosts internet speed
Open Hardware Monitor is a free open source tool that can monitor temperature sensors, fan speeds, load, voltages, and clock speeds of your system.
This program supports the most hardware monitoring chips that you will find on today’s main boards. This software is compatible with all versions of Windows.
Check out the best features included in this software:
- You will be able to check your system’s power supply accurately
- The CPU temperature can be monitored by reading the core temperature sensors of AMD and Intel processors
- The tool can also display the sensors of ATI and Nvidia video cards and the SMART, hard drive temperature as well
- The monitored values will be displayed in the main window, in the system tray or a customizable desktop gadget
HWMonitor is a lightweight system monitoring tool. This hardware monitoring software will read your system’s primary health sensors for the most common chips.
It will also scan your hard drive’s temperatures. Check out its essential features:
- HWMonitor’s job is to keep track of the most critical sensors on your computer and find out live readings for the HDD temperature and fan speed
- It provides accurate data regarding your power supply
- Setting up the program is an effortless task, and it will not require any particular configuration
- It comes with a straightforward interface, and it will automatically start monitoring the sensors at startup
- It lists all the components in a hierarchical order so that you’ll be able to sport them easier
- It provides data revolving around the CPU, GPU, and HDD
- All the data can be exported to a plain text document if you want to check it out later and compare values with your future reports
- The detailed reports include processor times, thread dumps, store data for each one of your drives, USB devices, graphics APIs and more information
This tool provides a simple solution to find out live readings for the sensors of your system. You will find additional features included in the paid version HWMonitor Pro on the official website of HWMonitor.
When it comes to analyzing the resource consumption figures and more elaborated hardware information, Windows itself provides a competent tool named Resource Monitor.
This utility has all the basics covered when it comes to data about the system’s memory, CPU, disk and network stats but it’s not entirely convenient when you have tons of running apps.
Sidebar Diagnostics, on the other hand, provides a more convenient solution for viewing and analyzing hardware data.
Check out its best features below:
- This is a lightweight tool that does mainly what the native Resource Monitor does, but it displays data more attractively
- It comes with a sidebar that is integrated into your desktop
- The setup process is really a minimalist one, and you’ll see a useful Initial Setup screen
- After completing the configuration process, the tool will accommodate itself within the system tray
- It displays data about RAM, CPU, GOU, active drivers, power supply, network and more
- The tool is really customizable allowing you to set things according to your preferences
Overall, Sidebar Diagnostics is an efficient tiny tool that manages to be both useful and unobtrusive at the same time. Download it to find out more functionalities that are included in the program.
This is a system analyzer that’s very effective at dissecting your system and offer you the truth about its performance. It’s able to explore the insides of your computer and provide you the complete data about both its strengths and weaknesses.
Check out the main features of this useful tool for monitoring power supply and more:
- It shows the processor’s activity, and it offers loads of benchmark possibilities
- After you launch this program, it will take a bit of time in order to detect all the hardware that’s installed on your computer
- You can use the left side of the interface to navigate through various categories
- The PC Wizard will reveal all the essential details of your hardware and more
- It also analyzes system files, and it investigates the configuration of elements such as the Control Panel and your Internet connection
- The best thing about PC Wizard is its benchmarking tool, and the program excels the most in this area
- You will be able to inspect anything from CPUs, cache, RAM, and multimedia
PC Wizard is more efficient than fun, but this won’t be a problem if you’re looking for a useful tool to analyze the hardware data including the information about your power supply.
It’s a pretty sophisticated program targeted mostly at more advanced users. You can check out more features of PC Wizard by downloading the tool to see how it works.
These are five of the best programs that can analyze and deliver accurate information about your system’s power supply and much more.
It’s best to head over to their official websites to check out the complete set of features and see which one seems the best for your skill level and your system’s needs.
If you need more info about them, or you just have additional questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re experiencing some issues while your PC is powering up, you can use our guide dedicated to identify and attempt to fix them without significant efforts.
There’s a series of reasons why your computer won’t power up after an electrical surge or power outage. Check out our dedicated guide to fix your computer if it doesn’t turn on after a power outage.
If your HDD fails to boot and taking it to an authorized service is out of the question, our dedicated guide to fix your hard drive if it won’t power up.