How to fix Trusteer Rapport problems in Windows 10
Trusteer Rapport is a software that adds a layer of security to your antivirus software. The program protects your confidential data such as your bank account details from malicious software or unauthorized personnel and is currently being used by most banks
Trustee Rapport also allows you to apply Rapport’s protection to other websites that you exchange sensitive information with. When you connect to your online bank, Trusteer Rapport performs 3 security checks in the background that makes it hard for criminals to hijack your account:
- It verifies that you have connected to the genuine bank’s website and not to a counterfeit created for fraudulent purposes.
- Once verification is complete, it securely locks down communication between your computer and the bank’s website.
- Rapport also protects your internet connection along with your computer from malware, creating a safe communication line with your bank.
Though the program does a stellar job at keeping your confidential data from fraudulent hands, it’s not without problems. Users have encountered some problems such as conflicts with antivirus programs, slow performance, Rapport not running, just to mention a few. In this article, we’ll discuss how to fix some of these issues in Windows 10.
How to fix Truesteer Rapport issues in Windows 10
Table of contents:
- How to tell whether Trusteer Rapport is working
- Rapport Icon is missing
- Trusteer Rapport icon is not appearing on Microsoft Edge
- “Certificate Error Navigation Blocked” in Microsoft Edge
- Rapport conflicts with your Antivirus in Windows 10
How to tell whether Trusteer Rapport is working
When Rapport is working, it should show an IBM Security Trusteer Rapport icon on the top left corner of your browser’s address bar. The icon should either be green or gray in color. When you visit a page protected by Rapport, the icon should turn green as shown below.
Trusteer Rapport problems in Windows 10
Rapport Icon is missing
If Rapport icon is missing in your Windows PC, it could be due to one of the 3 reasons outlined below.
- Your browser is not supported.
- You might have removed the icon from the address bar
- Trusteer Rapport is not running
Problem 1 – Your Browser is not supported
Trusteer Rapport supports the following browsers on Windows operating systems.
- Firefox 49, 50, and 51 (32 bit)
- Firefox ESR 38.7, 45.0
- Google Chrome 53, 54, and 55
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (desktop mode)
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- Microsoft Edge with Edge HTML 12, 13, and 14
Problem 2 – You have removed the icon from the address bar
Removing the icon does not prevent Rapport from protecting you. If you wish to restore the icon, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Click the start button and follow this path: programs > Trusteer Endpoint Protection > Trusteer Endpoint Protection console.
Step 2: Just next to the address bar icon, click ‘Show’
Step 3: Restart your computer and the icon will reappear.
Problem 3 – Trusteer Rapport is not running
The icon will not appear if Rapport is not running. To fix this, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Click the start button and go to programs
Step 2: Under programs, navigate to Trusteer Endpoint protection.
Step 3: Click Start Trusteer Endpoint Protection and the program will start running.
Trusteer Rapport icon is not appearing on Microsoft Edge
Though Trusteer Rapport supports Microsoft Edge, the green icon does not appear in the address bar. Instead, the Rapport client will present a temporary alert as shown when you access protected sites.
When using the Edge browser, you will not be able to manually protect additional websites. However, the browser will automatically protect all the websites that you added to rapport protection using other protected browsers. Currently, the company is working on a plugin that will display the Rapport icon, and it will be incorporated into the future versions of Rapport.
“Certificate Error Navigation Blocked” in Microsoft Edge
Though this error normally occurs when the date on your PC is incorrect, users reported that the problem occurred after they installed Trusteer Rapport. This error prevents users from accessing their favorite websites. If you are experiencing this error when using Microsoft Edge, you might want to consider uninstalling or disabling Trusteer Rapport.
Rapport conflicts with your Antivirus in Windows 10
Many users reported problems when installing Rapport. Others reported conflict between Norton and Trusteer. This shows there can be conflicts when more than one real time scanners are running at the same time. The following excerpt from Wikipedia corroborates the incompatibility factor with some antivirus programs
End users have reported problems with Rapport, slow PCs due to high CPU and RAM utilization, incompatibility with various security/antivirus products and difficulty in removing the software.
IBM explains that any antivirus set to a very high level of protection may cause the installation to fail. If this is your case, you may want to temporarily disable the antivirus and try again.
If this does not fix your Trusteer Rapport problems, you can send your problem report directly from the Rapport Console. You will need to fill out a form under the ‘Help and support’ page, and submit.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Microsoft Edge’s blank white or grey screen on launch
- System Restore fails to extract the file/original copy [FIX]
- WMI Provider Host high CPU usage on Windows 10 [Fix]
- Fix: Google Chrome Kill pages error on Windows 10
- Full Fix: Microsoft Edge Certificate error navigation blocked
AltGr is an essential key when you want to customize your keyboard to type in another language, for instance, Spanish. But users often face problems […]
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error. Having this […]