TV Home Media 3 is a great program for connecting your TV and computer, but it has one big flaw, it is not compatible with Windows 8. But no worries, you can still enjoy watching TV on your Windows 8 with TV Home Media 3, by running it in the compatibility mode.
- Right-click on TV Home Media 3 icon and choose Properties
- When the Properties dialog box appears, go to Compatibility tab and then click on Run Compatibility Troubleshooter button. When you run the Compatibility Troubleshooter it will try to guess what version of Windows TV Home Media 3 needs to run normally ( in this case it’s Windows 7), and then it will try to run it with preferences for Windows 7. If the program works, you’re good to go, if it doesn’t, you need to try to set the compatibility manually
- To choose the compatible operating system manually, you have to get back to Compatibility Mode section, select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For check box and select the program’s desired Windows version from the drop-down list (In our case that would be Windows 7)
- Click OK and then try running TV Home Media 3 again to see whether it works.
This method could be applied to any older program that is not compatible with Windows 8 or the upcoming Windows 10. Unfortunately, there are a lot of old programs we used to love that are just not compatible with newer versions of Windows operating system.
If running TV Home Media 3 in a compatibility mode didn’t solve your problem, you might want to consider changing your TV adapter and software, to be compatible with Windows 8 and higher, because it is unlikely that creators of TV Home Media 3 will make it compatible with newer Windows operating systems in the future.
Related articles to check out:
- Top 4 TV Tuner Software for Windows 10
- How to use a PC as a TV for the Xbox
- 5 best record TV software for Windows to record your favorite shows