If you found that your Twitch app is not detecting your World of Warcraft addons after an upgrade or install, you came to the right place. A large number of users have dealt with the same situation recently.
The problem seems to vary, with some users saying that the issue doesn’t stop at the WoW addons and that it also includes the WoW game not being detected.
Here is what one user from the Blizzard forums had to say about this issue:
Is there anyway I can get some help for this?My twitch doesn’t find my WoW on my computer, and doesn’t recognize the file when I select it.I can’t update my addons and everything has gone very buggy since 8.1.5
This issue seems to affect users with different system configurations, and even though it allows you to run WoW, the addons are nowhere to be seen.
This has caused users a lot of frustration, but in today’s article, we will explore some of the best methods to deal with it.
Here’s what you can do if Twitch is not detecting WoW
1. After installing/upgrading Twitch you can’t see the addons
- Open Twitch -> click on the 3 lines menu icon at the top of your screen.
- Select Help -> About Twitch.
- Inside the newly opened window -> click on the Client Folder button.
- Search for the folder GameInstances and open it.
- Delete the AddonGameInstance.json file.
- Close the Twitch app and relaunch it.
2. Addons are showing in Twitch but not in WoW
- Open your Blizzard application -> click on the Blizzard icon at the top-left of your screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Game Install/Update option -> scroll down to find the World of Warcraft.
- Note the location of your WoW installation (ex. G:World of Warcraft).
- Open up Twitch -> click on Mods -> select Word of Warcraft.
- Click on the cogwheel found in the upper-right side of your screen.
- Select Settings.
- Click on the Game Specific tab -> in the Your Games section -> select WoW from the list.
- Compare the path found earlier and make sure they are the same.
3. Addons are showing in WoW but not inside Twitch
To do so, you will need to check the addon section from the upper right side of your screen and choose the right profile from the drop-down menu.
In this article we explored the best fixes in the case your Twitch app is not detecting World of Warcraft add-ons, or the game itself.
We hope this guide helped you solve your issue and get back to gaming normally.
Please feel free to let us know if you found this guide helpful, by using the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about World of Warcraft
- What is World of Warcraft?
World of Warcraft is an MMORPG developed by Blizzard Entertainment.
- Does World of Warcraft work with Twitch?
Yes, WoW can be perfectly integrated into Twitch. If you have issues with these integrations, check out this step-by-step guide.
- Why does Wow keep disconnecting?
If you encounter frequent disconnects from your WoW client, then you should follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this guide.