There isn’t an official Twitch app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile, so users have to make due with the third-party offerings. The best of the bunch is an app known as Unstream, an app some say is even better than the official Twitch app on other platforms.
In the past, Unstream was a paid experience, but after a recent update to version 4.0, it is now completely free without ads. We’re not sure if this is part of a promotion or if ads will come into play over time, but as of right now, Ustream is a solid experience that should be downloaded by all Twitch fans on Windows 10.
The developer added several improvements, much of what can be seen in the list below:
- Unstream is now completely free of ads
- Chat Replay is here!! You can now watch VODs and view chat messages as they were sent.
- Added ‘auto’ stream/video quality. Playback quality now automatically adjusts to your bandwidth.
- Added channel feeds! View channel feed posts via new pivot item in profile page (view posts and reactions only at the moment – posting reactions and comments coming soon).
- Added option to enable or disable mini-player mode
- (Re)Added ability to follow/unfollow games
- Added notification aggregation. If there are more than 5 followed streams live, you will only be notified that there are ‘multiple streamers live” and not one notification for each (some people may have followed streamers and would therefore be spammed)
- Added donations option to About page
As far as an official Twitch app for Windows 10 goes, we have no idea when Amazon will have its team release one for the platform. It may take a while, which is why right now we are a bit miffed that Microsoft failed to acquire Twitch because the app would be available on all platforms by now.
Download Unstream directly from the Windows Store for both Windows 10 PC and Mobile.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: