- Purchasing a new Twitch subscription should happen effortlessly but it seems as though many users are getting an error message.
- In this article, we are exploring some simple ways to fix this purchase error.
- We discuss more common issues and how to fix them in our dedicated Browser Hub, so make sure to check it out.
- If you are a Twitch fan, you may also like to visit our Gaming page as well.
Several Twitch users have reported that they saw the Not eligible for this purchase error message.
This issue appeared whenever the users tried renewing a subscription, no matter if they had used the same payment method before or not.
A purchase error can be caused by many reasons. Here are the most common of them:
- Twitch is not compatible with the payment method you chose
- Your bank has suspended your access to your funds
- Payment service has deemed your account to be of a high risk
In today’s article, we will discuss some of the best methods to try and fix this annoying error message, and get back to streaming content normally. Read on to find out the details.
How can I fix the Twitch not eligible for this purchase error message?
1. Try using a different web browser
Sometimes you might fix the issue by simply switching to a different web browser.
You can use any browser you want, but if you’re looking for a privacy-oriented and secure browser, we suggest you try Opera GX.
This browser offers anti-tracking and anti-phishing features, as well as a malware scanner for downloaded files.
A great thing about Opera GX is that it has a dedicated Twitch integration, so your Twitch streams are just one click away, and you have better tools to control it.
Additionally, anytime someone you follow goes online, you can choose to receive notifications right away. By doing this you make sure that you are at all times updated and you are not missing on anything important.
The built-in Twitch integration ensures a seamless gaming experience. Now you can watch your favorite gaming steams, error-free!
2. Try again with the same payment method
For this reason, it is recommended that you try to purchase your subscription again by using the same payment method.
If the issue is still not solved, please try the next method.
3. Change your payment method and retry
You have the option of using another card, or to use services like Paypal to process the purchase.
4. Make sure that you have enough funds in your account
If you checked and you have enough funds to pay for your purchase, then try the next method on this list.
5. Stop any VPN service on your device
Twitch servers will need to check your IP address before authorizing the purchase.
This step is required in order to protect you from the possibility of somebody using your account from another location.
Note: Depending on the specific VPN software you’re using, the steps required in order to stop it, will vary.
6. Contact Twitch Purchase Support
If all of the above-mentioned methods have failed to solve your Twitch not eligible for this purchase error, you will need to open a ticket with the Twitch Purchase Support.
Make sure to specify all the details of your experience with this issue. This will ensure that you get the most suitable advice possible from the Twitch support team.
In today’s article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the Twitch not eligible for this purchase error message.
Please let us know if this guide has proved helpful in your situation, by using the comment section below.