Did you ever encounter Unable to join domain message on Windows 10? This can be a problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it once and for all.
Why can’t I join a domain in Windows 10?
1. Modify the registry
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- In the left pane, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM.
- Then go to CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters.
- In the right pane, locate AllowSingleLabelDnsDomain key and double-click it. Set its value data to 1 and save changes.
- If the aforementioned key isn’t available, right-click the right pane and choose New > DWORD (32-bit value) and set the name of the new DWORD to AllowSingleLabelDnsDomain. Now repeat the previous step.
- Exit Registry Editor and try to join the domain again. Hopefully, this will address the Unable to join domain error.
2. Check your antivirus
- Disable your antivirus and firewall protection temporarily and check if that helps.
- If not, try removing third-party antivirus/firewall from your PC.
- If your antivirus was the problem, perhaps you should switch to a different antivirus solution.
3. Enable SMB v1
- Press Windows Key + S and type windows features. Select Turn Windows Features on or Off.
- A new window will now appear. Locate SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and make sure it’s checked.
- Now click OK to save changes and restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts, check if the Unable to join domain error is still there.
4. Disable IPv6 on the client side
- Open Network and Sharing Center and choose Change adapter settings.
- Locate your network adapter and right-click it. Choose Properties from the menu.
- Locate Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck it. Now click OK to save changes.
There you go, four simple solutions that might help you fix Unable to join domain error on your PC. If one of these solutions was helpful to you, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment in the comments section below.
- Join Domain option missing on Windows 10 [TECHNICIAN FIX]
- Can my Windows 10 PC join a domain? [EXPLAINED]
- Active directory domain services currently unavailable in Windows 10 [FULL FIX]