- Knowing how to use dual monitors with a remote desktop on Windows 10 can come in handy.
- For best experience, we suggest using a reliable and easy to use third-party software.
- You can use multiple monitors with Remote Desktop simply by adjusting couple of settings.
- If multiple monitors are not working with Remote Desktop, solutions from this guide should help.
Nowadays, you can use your home PC from anywhere, thanks to the built-in remote desktop feature on Windows that allows you to control your PC remotely.
Through the Windows Remote Desktop, you can connect to your computer from another location, allowing you to see that computer’s desktop and interact with it as if it were in front of you.
Users who have more than one monitor can also use programs to customize their desktops and make quality-of-life changes.
How do I use dual monitors with remote desktop?
1. Configure RDP
- Go to the Windows Search Bar.
- Type Remote Desktop Connection, then open it.
- Expand Show options.
- Go to Display and check Use all my monitors for the remote session.
- Click Connect and proceed to connect to the server like you usually do.
Use a command line
- Open Windows Search Bar.
- Type Run in the search box and hit Enter.
- In the dialogue box type mstsc.exe -multimon, then hit Enter.
You can alternatively launch the Remote Desktop Protocol from the command line by typing the aforementioned command.
This will open the program without the need to change any setting. The only thing left for you to do is to connect to the server.
This is the simplest way to use multiple monitors with Remote Desktop on Windows 10, so be sure to try it.
2. Enable monitors directly
- Go to your Windows Search Bar.
- Type Run and press Enter.
- In the Run command box, type mstsc /span and hit Enter.
3. Use a third-party software
If you need remote control software that supports multiple monitors, AnyDesk is the way to go. The software uses TLS technology to encrypt and secure all your remote sessions.
With AnyDesk you can easily share files, print remotely, or set up a list of trusted devices, to ensure that only authorized devices can start remote sessions.
The software is available on all platforms, and you can use it on Windows, macOS, Linux, as well as iOS and Android.
AnyDeskAnyDesk is professional remote control software that can easily work with multiple monitors.
Thankfully, Microsoft implemented a pretty straightforward software to connect your PC remotely, which also happens to work with multiple monitors. Follow the solutions above to set your system up for remote use.
If you have anything important to add regarding the subject of this article, make sure to do it in the comment section below.