- Streaming your favorite content is usually straightforward with VPN Unlimited.
- But if you happen to run into a connection error while using it, make sure you follow the steps below in order to regain full access to the web.
- Check out more handy fixes for your VPN situations in our VPN Errors and Solutions page.
- Explore our VPN Guides as well to never miss a useful tip, piece of news, or review covering this industry.
This VPN, by KeepSolid, gives you the peace of knowing your browsing is encrypted and private, yet still inexpensive and flexible, with many advanced security features. Additionally, it has solid speeds and 400 servers across 67 locations.
One thing some users have queried is when they encounter the VPN Unlimited Error: No internet connection message. You could choose to restart your computer or your VPN connection, but, there are solutions listed below that could also help resolve the issue.
How can I fix VPN Unlimited error no internet connection?
- Try connecting to another ExpressVPN Location
- Check your IP address
- Check your internet connection
- Change the protocol
- Manually configure DNS settings
- Error 809
- Manually configure proxy settings
1. Try connecting to another VPN Unlimited Location
If you can access the internet when disconnected from VPN Unlimited, but cannot connect to a particular server, choose a different server location from the list.
Did this fix the VPN Unlimited error? If not, try the next solution.
Speaking about changing servers, you could also choose to upgrade to a premium VPN like Private Internet Access that boats an impressive network of 3292+ servers strategically placed across 46 countries worldwide.
Having such a massive collection of gateways at your disposal will undoubtedly eliminate issues like buffering, slow connection, ISP throttling, or proximity to servers-triggered problems.
With PIA, you get to pick the server closest to your location, which streamlines your connection, enjoy ultra-fast download speeds, and unlimited bandwidth, while your online identity, location, and traffic data are kept anonymous, secured with the highest level of encryption and private from curious eyes including governmental agencies or your ISP.
Private Internet Access
VPN Unlimited is not connecting to servers? Don't change the server only, go for a truly limitless VPN instead!
2. Check your IP address
If VPN Unlimited error no internet connection is displayed on your computer, you can start by checking your IP address for information such as your country or city, next to the location you selected when you connected with VPN Unlimited.
If it shows a location near you, it means you’re not connected to a server location.
Disconnect and try to connect again and see if the error goes away.
3. Check your internet connection
You can try to access a website without VPN Unlimited being on and see if it works. If you cannot access the internet even when the VPN is disconnected, then you need to check your connection for issues.
You can also check with your internet service provider whether it is a problem from their end.
4. Change the protocol
Your device connects to VPN Unlimited servers using VPN protocols, and mostly the default one is the UDP protocol, which is usually blocked in some countries.
You can try to change the protocol, which also helps you achieve faster connection speeds, but see if this helps restore the internet connection.
If you want better performance, choose the OpenVPN TCP first, then L2TP, and finally PPTP protocols in that order. However, most VPN service providers do not recommend using PPTP unless it is very necessary to do so, as it offers little security compared to the other protocols.
5. Manually configure DNS settings
Your computer may not automatically connect to VPN Unlimited’s DNS servers, so you need to configure it with VPN Unlimited DNS servers’ IP addresses.
By manually configuring your computer with other DNS server addresses, you will be able to connect to the internet with faster speeds, and even access sites with geo-restrictions on their content.
Here’s how to do it in Windows:
1. Open Network Connections settings
- Right-click Start and select Run
- Type ncpa.cpl and click OK
- In the Network connections window, find your usual connection, either LAN or Wireless network connection
- Right-click the connection and select Properties
2. Set the DNS server addresses
- Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) or just Internet Protocol
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses
- Type these Google DNS server addresses
Preferred DNS server 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server 22.214.171.124
- If Google DNS is blocked, try the following:
Neustar DNS Advantage (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) enter and press OK
Level3 DNS (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) enter and press OK
Once you have set the open network connections and DNS server addresses, you can then set the VPN Unlimited DNS settings based on the instructions or prompts.
6. Error 809
This error is usually displayed as The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established. By default, Windows does not support IPSec NAT-T security associations to servers located behind a NAT device.
Because of the manner in which NAT devices translate network traffic, you may experience unexpected results when you put a server behind the NAT device and use the IPSec NAT-T environment.
Here’s how to fix this:
- Right-click Start and select Run
- Type in regedit
- Locate the entry:
- Right-click and create a new DWORD (32-bit) value
- Add AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule and save.
- Modify the new entry and change Value Data from 0 to 2.
- Restart your computer and test the connection
If you still cannot connect, try it with OpenVPN TCP / UDP protocols. Did this fix the VPN Unlimited error no internet connection? If not, try the final solution below.
7. Manually configure proxy settings
A proxy server is used to hide your real location so you can access the internet and other sites that would otherwise be blocked.
If you have internet connection issues, it is possible that it has been set to use a proxy server (a proxy is a go-between that is in the middle of your computer and VPN provider).
The first step is to make sure your browser is set to auto-detect proxy or no proxy, then use the instructions to manually configure proxy settings for your browser.
Here’s how to disable proxy settings for Internet Explorer:
- Click Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Go to the Connections tab
- Click LAN settings
- Uncheck all the options except Automatically detect settings and click OK for all
VPN Unlimited errors can take many forms, including Protocol connection error VPN Unlimited, VPN Unlimited no internet connection, VPN Unlimited not connecting to server, VPN Unlimited connection profile missing, however, you should be able to fix them by following the steps above.
Let us know if any of these solutions helped you restore the VPN Unlimited connectivity, by leaving a comment in the section below.
FAQ: Learn more about VPN Unlimited
- Is VPN unlimited safe?
US-based, VPN Unlimited is considered to be a trustworthy service, although the privacy features are not top-notch. If you wish to enhance your online privacy, a premium VPN like PIA (that is equally affordable) can bring you more bang for your buck.
- How does VPN unlimited work?
VPN Unlimited acts like an intermediary between your PC and the apps’ and websites’ servers by routing your traffic through its protocols and directing it to its servers. Your data is also encrypted in the process.
- Is VPN unlimited free?
This is a paying solution, nevertheless, it does offer a trial period for testing purposes which does not require any investment from your part.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.