VPN Unlimited is a secure and fast VPN service that provides unlimited access to any web content, so you can stream your favorite content like shows and movies from any location you want.
This VPN, by KeepSolid, gives you the peace of knowing your browsing is encrypted and private, yet still inexpensive and flexible, with many advanced security features. Additionally, it has solid speeds and 400 servers across 67 locations.
One thing some users have queried is when they encounter the VPN Unlimited ‘Error: No internet connection‘ message. You could choose to restart your computer or your VPN connection, but, there are solutions listed below that could also help resolve the issue.
FIX: VPN Unlimited error no internet connection
- Check your IP address
- Check your internet connection
- Try connecting to another ExpressVPN Location
- Change the protocol
- Manually configure DNS settings
- Error 809
- Manually configure proxy settings
Solution 1: Check your IP address
If VPN Unlimited error no internet connection is displayed on your computer, you can start by checking your IP address for information such as your country or city, next to the location you selected when you connected with VPN Unlimited. If it shows a location near you, it means you’re not connected to a server location.
Disconnect and try to connect again and see if the error goes away. Did this fix the VPN Unlimited error no internet connection? If not, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Test your internet connection
You can try to access a website without VPN Unlimited being on and see if you can access it, if you cannot access the internet even when the VPN is disconnected, then you need to check your connection for issues. You can also check with your internet service provider whether it is a problem from their end.
Did this fix the VPN Unlimited error no internet connection? If not, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Try connecting to another VPN Unlimited Location
If you can access the internet when disconnected from VPN Unlimited, but cannot connect to a server location, choose a different server location from the list of locations.
Did this fix the VPN Unlimited error? If not, try the next solution.
Speaking about changing servers, Cyberghost does not have any problems while changing the IP (we are actually using it). Get now CyberGhost (currently 50% off on all plans), a leader on the VPN market, trusted by 15million users with a confidential, secure and high-speed network.
Solution 4: Change the protocol
Your device connects to VPN Unlimited servers using VPN protocols, and mostly the default one is the UDP protocol, which in some countries is usually blocked. You can try to change the protocol, which also helps you achieve faster connection speeds, but see if this helps restore the internet connection.
If you want better performance, choose the OpenVPN TCP first, then L2TP, and finally PPTP protocols in that order. However, most VPN service providers do not recommend using PPTP unless it is very necessary to do so, as it offers little security compared to the other protocols.
- ALSO READ: Fix: VPN not working with Google Chrome
Solution 5: Manually configure DNS settings
Your computer may not automatically connect to VPN Unlimited’s DNS servers, so you need to configure it with VPN Unlimited DNS servers’ IP addresses, though you need to do this manually.
By manually configuring your computer with other DNS server addresses, you can be able to connect to the internet with faster speeds, and even access sites with geo-restrictions on their content.
Here’s how to do it in Windows:
1. Open Network Connections settings
- Right click Start and select Run
- Type ncpa.cpl and click OK
- In Network connections window, find your usual connection, either LAN or Wireless network connection.
- Right click the connection and select Properties
2. Set the DNS server addresses
- Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) or just Internet Protocol
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses
- Type these Google DNS server addresses
Preferred DNS server 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server 220.127.116.11
- If Google DNS is blocked, try the following:
Neustar DNS Advantage (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) enter and press OK
Level3 DNS (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) enter and press OK
Once you have set the open network connections and DNS server addresses, you can then set the VPN Unlimited DNS settings based on the instructions or prompts.
Did this fix the error? If not, try the final solution below.
Solution 6: Error 809
This error is usually displayed as “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established.” By default, Windows does not support IPSec NAT-T security associations to servers located behind a NAT device.
Because of the manner in which NAT devices translate network traffic, you may experience unexpected results when you put a server behind the NAT device and use IPSex NAT-T environment.
Here’s how to fix this:
- Right click Start and select Run
- Type regedit
- Locate the entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PolicyAgent
- Right-click and create a new DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Add “AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule” and save.
- Modify the new entry and change Value Data from “0” to “2”.
- Restart your computer and test the connection
If you still cannot connect, try it with OpenVPN TCP / UDP protocols. Did this fix the VPN Unlimited error no internet connection? If not, try the final solution below.
- ALSO READ: Fix: VPN not working with Spotify
Solution 7: Manually configure proxy settings
A proxy server is used to hide your real location so you can access the internet, and other sites that would otherwise be blocked. If you have internet connection issues, it is possible that it has been set to use a proxy server (a proxy is a go-between that is in the middle of your computer and VPN provider).
The first step is to make sure your browser is set to auto-detect proxy or no proxy, then use the instructions to manually configure proxy settings for your browser.
Here’s how to disable proxy settings for Internet Explorer:
- Click Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Go to Connections tab
- Click LAN settings
- Uncheck all the options except Automatically detect settings and click OK for all
Let us know if any of these solutions helped fix VPN Unlimited error no internet connection, by leaving a comment in the section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Best VPN software for Popcorn Time: Why you should use it in the first place
- 4 best VPN software for Skype to download for free in 2018
- 4 of the best VPN software for watching ABC on Windows 10