How to set webcam as Windows Desktop background
With Windows, the possibilities are endless. If for some peculiar reason you want to, let’s say, mirror yourself on the desktop background and follow your constant motion with a webcam, you can do it. That’s the next level live background we’re talking about and below, we’ll instruct you how to make it work.
How to set webcam as desktop background with little help of VLC player
First, you’ll need VLC media player in order to perform this action. This is one versatile and highly customizable, feature-rich media player, so besides setting a desktop background, you can use it for many other things. And the best thing: it’s free. You can download it on the official site from this link.
Once you’ve obtained the VLC player, the next obvious step is to set up your camera and make sure it’s working properly. After that, we can finally move to employing webcam as a desktop background. These instructions should lead you through the complete procedure:
- Install and start VLC Media Player.
- Press Control (Ctrl) + C to summon the Open Capture device sub-menu.
- Under the Capture Device tab, set following options like this:
- After that, open Advanced Options and change Aspect Ratio to counter the display’s Aspect Ratio.
- Click OK to confirm and finally click Play.
- Now, in the Menu bar, open Video and click Set as Wallpaper.
- And that’s it. You should be able to see yourself on the desktop background.
Make sure to let VLC working in the background. Also, have in mind that you won’t be able to see icons, but you can always create a multi-display. That way, you’ll always have yourself on one desktop background, and the main display can maintain the same look. We hope this is was a helpful read.
In case you have questions or alternative ways to use a webcam as the desktop background, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Set Bing’s wallpaper of the day as your Windows desktop
- Here are the best Christmas wallpapers for your PC
- 4 best virtual fireplace software and apps for a perfect wallpaper
- Windows 10 Creators Update breaks Spotlight feature [Fix]
Using a VPN on your Windows Server has a lot of advantages for all parties included and it allows users in a small environment access to […]
The Windows 10 Action Center includes Quick Action buttons that provide shortcuts for adjusting settings. For example, users can press the Tablet mode button to […]