Office 365 users accounts can occasionally get blocked. When an Microsoft Office 365 account is blocked, this error message will appear: Your account is temporarily locked to prevent unauthorized use. Try again later, and if you still have trouble, contact your admin.
As a consequence, users can’t log in to Office 365 portals with blocked accounts. MS office 365 accounts are usually blocked when they have seemingly been compromised in some way. Here are a few troubleshooting tips for unblocking a blocked MS Office 365 account.
How can Users Fix Blocked Office 365 Accounts?
1. Wait for About 30 Minutes
First, try waiting a while. It might only be a temporary issue. So, wait for about 30-40 minutes; and then try logging in again. Make sure that you’re entering the right login details.
2. Ask Admin Users to Unblock the Account
- Corporate users utilizing Office 365 within organizations might need to ask admin users to unblock their accounts. Admin users can unblock Office 365 accounts by signing in to their Office 365 admin centers.
- Click Users > Active users on the left.
- Then select the blocked user in the list of users.
- Click the Edit to open a Sign-in status page.
- Then select the Sign-in allowed option.
- Click the Save button.
3. Fill Out the MS Account Services Reset Form
Office 365 users can also fill out the MS Account services form to unblock accounts. Open the MS Account services form in a browser. Then fill out all the required details in that form, and enter the captcha. Press the Submit button to send the form to Microsoft.
4. Run an Antivirus Virus Scan
- It’s also a good idea to run an antivirus scan that might remove virus software when MS Office 365 accounts are blocked. To do that with Windows Security, click the Type here to search button.
- Enter ‘Windows Security’ in the text box, and click Windows Security to open that utility.
- Click the shield button on the left of the window.
- Press the Quick scan button.
So, that how users can unblock Office 365 accounts. Users can also get in touch with Office 365 support about the account by filling out the text box on the Contact Office Support page.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- A mailbox couldn’t be found for Office 365 [Fix]
- Office 356 group members aren’t receiving emails
- How to recover deleted MSN (Microsoft Network) accounts