- Android and iOS users have a lot to be thankful for nowadays.
- Microsoft just released a brand new update for its SwitfKey.
- It brings lots of multilingual features for typing and searching
- You can check the full release notes by reading the entire article.
Great news from Microsoft today, as SwiftKey has just received another update on both Android and iOS, one that brings some exciting new features to the table.
One of the features that were highly requested and have now hit live, allows Android users to search emoji using as many as 139 languages in the SwiftKey keyboard app, including Persian, Romanian, Thai, and Turkish.
Also, after installing this latest update, SwiftKey users on Android can type in Awadhi, East Frisian, Garhwali, Hmar, and Saraiki.
New multi lingual features added to SwiftKey
Besides the features we already described at the beginning of the article, Microsoft also added Intelligent Nudge, which automatically detects a task and asks users whether they want to add it to Microsoft To Do.
For Android users, this SwiftKey update brings the build to 22.214.171.124, and adds the following, according to the official release notes:
- Emoji search is now available to 139 languages including Persian, Polish, Romanian, Thai and Turkish. View the full list here: https://aka.ms/sk-android-emoji-search
- You can now type in Awadhi, East Frisian, Garhwali, Hmar and Saraiki.
- We’ve added the Intelligent Nudge, which automatically detects a task and prompts users to add it to To Do.
Therefore, the new interface is a lot more user-friendly and offers a wide variety of dialects to choose from, so keep that in mind next time you use it.
What about iOS users?
You’ll be pleased to know that iOS users weren’t left out and they also received an update for their version of Microsoft’s SwiftKey.
This latest update takes the version of the app to 2.9.2 and includes no other new features except for the ability to search emoji in many new languages. The full official changelog is given below.
Emoji search is now available for most languages in SwiftKey Toolbar to find your emoji easier!
Either way, there are new features to enjoy and explore, in many different languages. Excited about the new SwiftKey changes? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.