Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
In less than a week, Microsoft will release the awaited Windows 10 Anniversary Update, after months of intense work. The Redstone 1 OS promises to take the Windows experience to the next level by introducing series of interesting new features across every area of the operating system.
The release of the Anniversary Update is a complex operation which will trigger a series of changes for the OS, the Insider Program, and the Windows platform.
Here’s what will happen on the day of its release, and after:
- On August 2, Microsoft will roll out the Anniversary Update in waves. will be the first to receive the update, and Windows PCs and phones will be the first devices to get the Anniversary Update.
- Anyone who wishes to upgrade to Windows 10 will have to shell out $119 to get their hands on Microsoft latest operating system. The free Windows 10 upgrade offer ends on July 29, which means you still have time to take advantage of this offer.
- Microsoft won’t end its Windows Insider Program after the Anniversary Update is released. If you choose to stay in the program, you will continue to receive new Windows 10 builds leading to the Redstone 2 update.
- All Windows 10 PC users will be able to use Edge extensions, and this will probably determine many users to switch to the Edge browser. Microsoft’s browser currently has a 5% market share, but the company isn’t satisfied with that and is constantly trying to convince users that Edge is the best browser out there.
- The update for the Xbox One and HoloLens won’t be released August 2nd. Since the two platforms are running modified versions of Windows 10, it takes longer to prepare the update. While Microsoft hasn’t confirmed anything about the date when the Xbox One and HoloLens will get the Anniversary Update, we expect this to happen sometime in October. In this manner, Microsoft has enough time to collect feedback on the update, and roll out a more stable Windows 10 version for the Xbox One and HoloLens.
- Speaking of consoles, the Xbox One S will hit the stores on August 2nd. The Xbox One S 1TB will be sold for $349, while the Xbox One S 500GB will cost $299.
Stay tuned for more information about the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: