After a relatively long pause, Microsoft finally released a new build for Windows 10 Preview. The build 15002 is available to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring, but only for PCs. This is, by far, the biggest Creators Update build released, if not the biggest Preview release ever.
Microsoft improved just about every important aspect of the system with this build. From Microsoft Edge to accessibility. Insiders who install build 15002 will be able to try new web payments in Edge, use improved Cortana, and see the revamped Start Menu.
Here’s a complete list of new features and improvements introduced by Windows 10 Preview build 15002:
- Microsoft Edge updates – Tab preview bar, jump lists, web payments
- Start and Shell improvements – Tile Folders in Start, updated Windows Share experience, the ability to capture a part of the screen, Improved high-DPI support for desktop apps, smoother window resizing, and more
- Windows Ink improvements
- Cortana improvements
- Accessibility improvements – Narrator support for WinPE and WinRE, Braille support in Windows,
- Narrator improvements, and more
- Windows Defender Improvements
- Settings Improvements – better search in the Settings app, updated device settings, New Display Settings options, Lower Blue Light, new per app Surface Dial settings, ‘Recent colors’ in Personalization, Windows Theme Management in Settings, improved Cross-Device Experiences Settings, metered Ethernet Connection Support
- Improved touch and precision experience – Adjusted volume control experience, polished Touchpad Settings page
- BSOD is now GSOD
- Quick Virtual Machine Creation in Hyper-V
- Improved update experience
- Improved typing and language
Besides all these improvements and new features, the new build also fixes some of the known issues in Windows 10 Preview but also brings its fair share of new problems. For the complete list of fixed bugs and known issues, check Microsoft’s official announcement blog spot.
If you’ve already installed the new build, let us know about your experience using in the comments. We’ll also write our traditional report article with reports from actual users to let you know what’s really happening in this gigantic build.
RELATED STORIE YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Cortana will let you install Windows 10 using only voice commands
- Windows 10 Creators Update lets you create app folders on PC
- Anniversary Update powering 86.3% of Windows 10 PCs
- Windows 10 Creators Update brings a hidden System Reset feature