Microsoft pushed out build 17004 to Windows Insiders in Skip Ahead while the company is also busy preparing for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update RTM.
The build includes a new feature and various minor improvements for Microsoft Edge, and a few fixes from the recently released Redstone 3 builds.
Speaking of Edge, the browser doubled the number of users in a single year, and the Fall Creators Update will definitely give it another boost.
Fluent Design gets a new feature
The company is adding Fluent Design’s Reveal effect to the All Apps list in the Start Menu. The Reveal Effect will light up the item the mouse is hovering over.
Microsoft Edge main improvements
- The issue where typing a web address into the address bar sometimes cleared the text and didn’t result in a page navigation was fixed.
- The issue where the tab previews for PDFs were black was fixed.
- The issue where “Open with previous pages” wouldn’t recover tabs was also fixed.
- The issue where Ctrl + Click on a link in PDF wouldn’t open the link in a new tab was fixed.
- The issue from the recent flights where Alt + D would not bring input focus to the address bar when some keyboards were active was solved.
- Input improvements
- The issue with the Enter key not working as it should in Facebook Messenger was fixed.
- The problem that resulted in the Delete key on the full touch keyboard inserting a period in UWP apps was fixed.
- The issue that resulted in a stutter when you selected long strings in single line editable text boxes was fixed.
Microsoft also introduced a new color wheel to Color and High Contrast Settings to help users get a feel for the effect of each of the available color filters.
There are more fixes and improvements and to check them all out go to Microsoft’s official blog and have a look at the complete list of novelties that come along build 17004 for PC.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Insiders can now test the first Windows 10 Redstone 4 build
- Windows 10 build 16353 is the first Redstone 4 build available to Insiders
- 4th update for Microsoft’s Windows 10 Redstone possibly on the way