Microsoft’s new Surface Laptop was released in 20 countries and runs Windows 10 S, is the newest version of Windows 10 that will only allow users to download apps and games from the Windows Store for better security. Windows 10 S is said to be the most secure operating system if we consider other versions of Windows 10 like Pro. It also features a longer battery life and enhanced performance.
Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro
In case you want to upgrade the Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S, Microsoft made it very easy for you. You can now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro at no cost on the Surface Laptop until later this year. After this, you will have to pay $49.99.
If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Go to the Update & Security section
- Select Activation from the sidebar
- The section Go to Store allows you to update to Windows 10 Pro
- After the Windows Store opens, click on the Free button to start the upgrade process.
- You will get the question whether you saved all your files after you’re done so don’t forget to save the files that are currently open.
- Press on ‘Yes, let’s go’ and the Windows Store will start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The process should last around 2 or 4 minutes.
After the update, you will not be able to go back to Windows 10 S without using a recovery image. Keep in mind that such a recovery image is not available yet!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: