How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on the Surface Laptop
Microsoft’s new Surface Laptop was released in 20 countries and runs Windows 10 S, is the newest version of Windows 10 that will only allow users to download apps and games from the Windows Store for better security. Windows 10 S is said to be the most secure operating system if we consider other versions of Windows 10 like Pro. It also features a longer battery life and enhanced performance.
Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro
In case you want to upgrade the Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S, Microsoft made it very easy for you. You can now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro at no cost on the Surface Laptop until later this year. After this, you will have to pay $49.99.
If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Go to the Update & Security section
- Select Activation from the sidebar
- The section Go to Store allows you to update to Windows 10 Pro
- After the Windows Store opens, click on the Free button to start the upgrade process.
- You will get the question whether you saved all your files after you’re done so don’t forget to save the files that are currently open.
- Press on ‘Yes, let’s go’ and the Windows Store will start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The process should last around 2 or 4 minutes.
After the update, you will not be able to go back to Windows 10 S without using a recovery image. Keep in mind that such a recovery image is not available yet!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 S vs Windows 10 Pro feature comparison: Which OS to buy
- Upgrade the Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro for free until 2018
- Once you go Windows 10 Pro, you can’t go back — due to security reasons
Many users reported having issues upgrading their OS to Windows 10 v1903. They reported that the update presents itself as being available, but continues to […]
Many users reported encountering an error when trying to update their OS to Windows 10 v1903 via Windows Update. Before the error itself, users would […]
Some Epson Printer users reported that their devices suddenly stopped printing files. Oftentimes, the issue in discussion regards the Ink Waste Pad being full. The […]