How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on the Surface Laptop
Microsoft’s new Surface Laptop was released in 20 countries and runs Windows 10 S, is the newest version of Windows 10 that will only allow users to download apps and games from the Windows Store for better security. Windows 10 S is said to be the most secure operating system if we consider other versions of Windows 10 like Pro. It also features a longer battery life and enhanced performance.
Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro
In case you want to upgrade the Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S, Microsoft made it very easy for you. You can now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro at no cost on the Surface Laptop until later this year. After this, you will have to pay $49.99.
If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Go to the Update & Security section
- Select Activation from the sidebar
- The section Go to Store allows you to update to Windows 10 Pro
- After the Windows Store opens, click on the Free button to start the upgrade process.
- You will get the question whether you saved all your files after you’re done so don’t forget to save the files that are currently open.
- Press on ‘Yes, let’s go’ and the Windows Store will start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The process should last around 2 or 4 minutes.
After the update, you will not be able to go back to Windows 10 S without using a recovery image. Keep in mind that such a recovery image is not available yet!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 S vs Windows 10 Pro feature comparison: Which OS to buy
- Upgrade the Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro for free until 2018
- Once you go Windows 10 Pro, you can’t go back — due to security reasons
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]