However, it is still software after all, and it too can have the occasional mishap.
For example, a well-known issue is that the Windows 10 Taskbar remains visible, even when running a program in fullscreen mode, such as a video or a game.
While this does not break system functionality at all, it can nonetheless ruin the immersiveness of the video or game, making it unpleasant.
How do I get rid off the Taskbar in fullscreen mode?
1. Restart Explorer.exe
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- This will open the Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab
- Locate Windows Explorer, and press Restart
2. Override high DPI scaling behavior in Chrome
If this issue only appears when viewing videos using Google Chrome, then you should follow these steps:
- Right-click on Google Chrome in your Taskbar or Start Menu
- Select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Go to the Settings tab
- Check the box next to Override high DPI scaling behavior
- Click Apply
- Restart Chrome
3. Turn off visual effects
- Press Windows + R
- Type in control.exe
- This will open the Control Panel
- Go to System and Security
- Select the System subheading
- Go to Advanced system settings
- In the new window, go to the Advanced tab
- Click on Settings, under Performance
- Select the option labeled Adjust for performance
By following these steps, you should no longer see the Windows taskbar when running programs in fullscreen mode.
Did you find this guide to be useful to you? Let us know of any other fixes to this problem in the comment section below.
- Dropbox is not showing in taskbar? Try this
- Change the taskbar button width in Windows 10 [EASY STEPS]
- Taskbar turned white in Windows 10 [FIXED BY EXPERTS]
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.