Microsoft releases cumulative update KB3198585 for Windows 10 version 1507
Microsoft just released a handful of new updates for its operating systems, during this month’s Patch Tuesday. As all versions of Windows 10 are still supported, the first one, July 2015 release also received a new cumulative update. The update is dubbed KB3198585, and brings a bunch of improvements to the system.
Since this is just a cumulative update, it brings no notable features, but only some system enhancements and bug fixes. Because of the way Windows 10 cumulative updates work, if you’ve missed any of the previous cumulative update, you’re going to get all improvements and bug fixes with this one.
Here’s the complete changelog of cumulative update KB3198585 for Windows 10 version 1597 (July 2015 release):
- “Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue with deadlocks occurring after a user password reset.
- Addressed issue with point rendering in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed additional issues with filter drivers, enterprise security, Windows shell, and Internet Explorer 1.
- Security updates to the Windows OS, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Windows File Manager, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows authentication methods, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Microsoft Video Control, OpenType, and the Common Log File System driver”
Besides this cumulative update, Microsoft also released updates for two newer versions of Windows 10, version 1511 and the Anniversary Update. Windows 10 version 1511 received cumulative update KB3198585, while Windows 10 version 1607 (the Anniversary Update) got cumulative update KB3200970.
To install this update on your computer, just head over to the Settings app > Updates & security, and check for updates. For more info about cumulative update KB3198585, and all other updates released by Microsoft, visit the Windows 10 Update History page.
In case you’ve already installed the update, and encountered some issues, feel free to let us know about them in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Update KB2976978 and Monthly Rollup KB3197874 for Windows 8.1 are now out
- Microsoft rolls out Windows 7 KB3197867 and Monthly Rollup KB3197868
- You can now use Kinect as a webcam in Windows 10
- Skype Preview for Windows 10 updated with drag and drop feature, and other enhancements
- Here’s a list of lesser-known Windows 10 Creators Update features
AltGr is an essential key when you want to customize your keyboard to type in another language, for instance, Spanish. But users often face problems […]
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error. Having this […]