- Finding free Windows 11 photo editors is a big issue as most of them charge subscriptions for additional features.
- Most photo editors come with tools and features that improve the enhancement of a photo.
- Editing a picture involves many processes and steps, and it requires the right app to get the desired result.
Photo editing is in high demand, which makes photographers learn how to use them to produce high-quality and high-resolution images.
Some software uses vector graphics, cropping, distortion, shadows, masks, etc. Most of the apps provide updates that improve photo editing procedures and techniques.
There is a lot of photo editing software that works with the Windows 11 operating system. This article will cover the best photo editing apps and their features.
What should I consider when looking for a free photo editor for Windows 11?
Some of these free photo editors may lack the advanced features that you may find on the premium versions.
You have to know your level of expertise. If you are a beginner using some tools can be a tough job. Choose the editor to use according to your level of understanding to reduce so you don’t have to spend too much time learning the basics.
What are the best Windows 11 free photo editors?
Canva is a web-based editor and has a desktop application that you can install on your Windows 11 PC. It has over 20 million users worldwide. It doesn’t require any experience to use it, and it’s user-friendly.
It promotes teamwork as you can create a team on the app and collaborate. Also, it saves business owners and professionals time as it takes less than five minutes to do a photo edit.
Some of the other key features Canva has include:
- It has drag and drop that enables users to change elements and effects in a short period
- Over 10,000 prebuilt templates that you can choose from and work with
- Basic editing effects – grids, cropping, adding text that you can use on your project
- A lot of fonts that you select that fit your project
Power and available in any browser, Canva is a perfect photo editor for all types of users.
Adobe created Adobe Photoshop Express with few features, and it’s free for Windows 11 users.
It speeds up the process of editing photos by creating collages, use of filters, and adjustment options. Its interface is friendly, and you can perform edits both on the PC and mobile phone.
Also, note that it can publish them instantly on social media platforms.
Some of its main features include:
- Ability to transform photos through cropping, rotation, straightening, and flipping them
- Resizing photos
- Making adjustments by changing the level of exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, clarity, saturation, etc.
- Ability to add text, remove blemishes, add watermark
- It has very little weight
Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe Photoshop Express comes with basic image editing features, and it’s available to all users free of charge.
Fotor is a free editor that enhances the look of a photo in less time. The whole process of using the editor is straightforward.
No advanced skills are required since cropping and editing images have never been easier.
Some of its main features include:
- Improve portraits by removing blemishes, wrinkles
- Ability to change backgrounds
- Other functionalities like crop, edit, or rotate
- Using photo effects and enhancements to improve the visual look of the image
Incredibly powerful and web-based, this is a perfect image editor for both first-time and advanced users alike.
GIMP, popularly known as GNU Image Manipulation Program, it’s free to download and open source, making it work well with the community, and everyone can work on the source codes.
It helps in the transformation of images into unique photos. It has a lot of elements that make producing mockups, interfaces, icons easier and faster. Its design gives the editor layout to compete with other editors like Photoshop.
GIMP makes the photo editing process fast, increasing productivity for the professionals using the software.
The majority of the users who use it have basic knowledge of photo editing skills, so it might not be the best option for complete beginners.
Also, the user interface for beginners can be challenging at first due to the interface, which has a complicated look making the whole process a bit hard.
Some of the important features of the GIMP editor include:
- It works with programming languages like Python, Perl, C, C++ to manipulate images
- Has high color management features used in workflows to produce high-quality print media
- Easier to customize with its large number of scripts and plugins
- It gives the users to customize the interface to meet their desired look
⇒ Get GIMP
This is one of the commonly used photo editors with over 100 million users. It’s available free on the Microsoft app store.
It offers different features that work well with the templates. They provide quick results and blend with the rest of the features like stickers, collages, filters, effects, etc.
Some of the key features of the editor include:
- Using photo effects and filters like double exposure edits, cartooning yourself, driparts, canvas
- Ability to add over stickers that are more than 50 million during editing
- You may add collages to the photos
- Adding and cropping photos
- Adding geometric shapes to the images
- Layering images
KVADPhoto+ 2 is a free Microsoft photo editor found on the app store. It has a lot of effects, colors, shapes, tools, and many others that help in image processing.
It has filters that get categorized into categories – black and white, cold tones, Vintage, Warm tones, giving you many options to choose from.
Some of the other features include:
- Many photo adjustment tools i.e color, brightness, hues, sharpening, blur
- It offers farmers on special days, i.e. Valentine’s Day, Mothers Day, Christmas Day
- More than 150 photo filters
- Over 200 shadow effects for photo enhancement
It’s a free photo editing tool good for all skill levels from beginners, intermediates, and experts.
The software has a lot of tools that change the look of the photos. Some of them include sharpness adjustments to remove blur and improve the texture of a photo. It’s easier to achieve the natural look by use of object removal tool.
Note that it changes the portrait’s outlook by giving it smooth skin, white teeth, makeup application, and body reshaping through photo retouching.
Movavi also improves productivity and creativity by providing many tools, e.g., support of raw images, text insertion, color correction, cropping, rotating, flipping, etc.
It has come up with new updates like introducing facial recognition, support of geolocation, sharing the results via Google drive.
Some of the other key features include:
- Use AI to provide excellent results by optimizing and improving contrast in images
- Easier to remove and change image backgrounds
- Easy to restore the old images by removing stains and scratches
- More than 100 effects and filters to change the outlook of the photos
What is the importance of photo editors?
They help in removing errors from photos and deliver high-quality pictures. The software tools also enhance photos by changing colors, reflections, and not only.
If you have old photos and you won’t refine them by removing faded colors, stretches, the editors will help you out. It also helps with photo manipulation, i.e., fine touching and removing and changing backgrounds.
Choosing the best photo editing software gives you more power and control over the result you want. The majority of these editors have little weight making them serve you better on your PC. Some of these tools lack features, forcing professionals to seek paid alternatives.
If you have more free photo editing software that you would like us to discuss, drop a comment below.