The security-only update KB4022722 released in June lists the same non-security fixes as KB4022719 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Improvements and fixes
This security update features various improvements related to quality, and there are not introduced any new operating system functions. The main changes include the following:
The issue where after you had installed the KB3164035 update you noticed that you are not able to print enhanced metafiles (EMF) or documents that contained bitmaps rendered out of bounds using the BitMapSection function has been resolved.
The problem where updates were not correctly installing all the components and which prevented them from booting has been addressed.
The problem where an unsupported hardware notification was displayed and Windows Updates was not scanning was fixed for systems using the AMD Carrizo DDR4 processor.
This last update from June includes security updates to Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Uniscribe, Windows kernel-mode drivers, the Windows OS, Windows COM and Windows shell.
Microsoft is unaware for nor of any problems with this update, so you can get if without hesitation. To get the stand-alone package for it, you have to go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website. For a list of files provided in the update, you have to download the file info for the update KB4022722.
Systems using AMD Carrizo DDR4 processor
For systems using the AMD Carrizo DDR4 processor you have to follow these installation steps:
- Download KB4022722 from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Extract the CAB file from the downloaded file and note the path you stored the CAB file.
- Run the DISM /Online /Add-Package command to install the update: DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: CAB file path.
Find here the complete info on June’s update.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- The 10 best Ethernet controller driver devices for Windows 7
- Unusual NTFS bug causes web pages to crash Windows 7 and 8.1 PCs
- KB2952664, KB2976978 updates released again for Windows 7 and 8.1