Microsoft has been working for quite a while to make its antivirus functionalities more efficient, and it seems that the company’s efforts finally paid off. The Windows Defender antivirus managed to gain a lot of market share among businesses.
Windows 10 now flaunts more than 50% market share in the enterprise area. According to Webroot, 32% of Windows systems are running Windows 10, and the numbers are continually increasing.
Windows Defender in statistics
Currently, 18% of systems running Windows 7 and Windows 8 are running Windows Defender and more than 50% of Windows 10 devices. Microsoft improved the performance and efficiency of Windows Defender, and its antivirus solution became almost perfect from 2015 until today when it comes to blocking malware.
According to Brad Anderson, Corporate Vice President at Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security, two of the most critical tests, AV-Comparatives and AV-TEST, have been showing significantly improved results. In other words, Windows Defender is close to perfection these days.
More reasons why Windows Defender is the best security tool on Windows 10
Besides enhanced efficiency, Brad lists the following elements that triggered such success in the antivirus solutions area:
- Microsoft’s antivirus features are an amazing solution, and the tests that we mentioned above are proof. Microsoft managed to defeat its competitors, and the company assures users that it has what it takes to protect them even from the most advanced vulnerabilities and potential threats.
- The company’s antivirus solution involves lower maintenance costs, and it’s much easier to use compared to others. Most businesses use Config Manager for PC management of Windows 10 and 7. Windows 10 comes with antivirus features built straight into the OS, and even if Windows 7 doesn’t, the antivirus capabilities can be deployed and then configured via Config Manager.
- Microsoft’s antivirus solution enhanced IT’s agility, and whenever new updates get released, users don’t have to sit around and wait for third parties’ certifications and support because they get these from the first day. In other words, newest releases and latest security technologies can be deployed easier and faster.
- Microsoft’s antivirus solutions provide an enhanced user experience, and Windows Defender is designed in such a way to work in the background, minimizing power consumption and extending battery life.
Get more in-depth details on Microsoft’s antivirus solutions from Brad’s blog post here.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows Defender error ”0x80016ba” in Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019 brings Windows Defender improvements for Insiders