WordPerfect is a popular word processing software, but many users reported that Wordperfect is not working on their PC. However, there’s a way to fix this problem and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
Here’s how one user described the issue on WordPerfect forums:
It all started with an issue with WP X5 which had been working fine for years
Caused my machine to crash and only in safe mode was I able to remove WP.
I made a clean removal “000004657 – How to remove WordPerfect Office X5”
now as soon as I open WP I get the “WP has stopped working” window
I do not seem to have any problem in QP, only in WP.
What to do if WordPerfect won’t open?
1. Delete WordPerfect template file
- Locate the WordPerfect default template file and delete the file.
- Launch WordPerfect to recreate a new default template.
- Check if the problem is still there.
2. Repair WordPerfect installation
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Locate WordPerfect on the list, select it and click Repair.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once you repair the installation, check if the problem is still there.
3. Perform a clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig in the input field. Click OK or press Enter.
- Go to the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services check box. Disable all services by clicking the Disable all button.
- Go to the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager.
- Right-click the first entry on the list and choose Disable. Repeat this step until you disable all items on the list.
- Go back to the System Configuration window. Now click Apply and OK to save changes and restart your PC.
4. Create a new user account
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Accounts section.
- Now you need to select Family & other people in the left pane. Click Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information > Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired name for the new user account and click Next.
- After creating a new account, switch to it and check if the problem is still there.
There you go, these are just a couple of solutions that you can try if WordPerfect isn’t working on your PC. Be sure to try all of our solutions and let us know which solution worked for you.
- All your documents are read-only? Here 2 fixes that really work
- What software can I use to fix corrupted Excel documents?
- 5 software to fix corrupted Microsoft Word documents in a jiffy