Microsoft released New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update (1910.190822-1915) for Xbox Insiders.
The update doesn’t bring new feature, but it comes with a lot of fixes.
Xbox’s 1910 update is feature complete
Nonetheless, according to Xbox’s Brad Rosetti, the new build is feature complete for 1910 and more updates regarding new features will come this week:
Xbox One Insiders – Preview Alpha Skip Ahead users the relnotes for today’s 1910 build at 2.00pm PST 8/24/19 are posted on our blog https://t.co/417P9TWfaK
— Brad Rossetti (@WorkWombatman) August 24, 2019
As we already mentioned, the new build comes with some fixes. Here’s the full list:
- Audio – Fixed an issue where some users using default audio settings would be getting audio distortion on console boot.
- Home – Fixed an issue where the dashboard would not load for some users.
- Notifications/Alerts – Fixed an issue where Alerts/Notifications wouldn’t load content in the Guide.
- Community – Fixed an issue where the Community tab would not load content on dashboard.
- Game DVR – Fixed an issue where users were unable to share Game DVR content (video clips and screenshots) via Messages and on the Community tab of the dashboard.
- Narrator – Fixed an issue with not announcing unread notifications/alerts information in Guide.
- Gamertag – Fixed an issue where users using the new Modern Gamertag features would not appear correctly across the console.
- System – Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
There are still issues with Xbox’s latest build
Besides that, there are also some known issues:
- Audio – Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Controllers – Some users have reported that they are unable to power on their console via a controller.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please make sure to include the firmware version of the controller in your feedback description. This can be accessed by navigating to Settings>Devices & streaming>Accessories using the controller experiencing the behavior and select the ellipsis from the Controller menu.
- Gamertag – Customers attempting to change their GT using the new Gamertag features on the console will not yet see those changes reflected on the console.
- Profile Color – Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
We already know that the Dashboard will be redesigned and that Cortana will be removed from the Xbox One, but besides that Microsoft didn’t reveal too many new features.
The 1910 feature update should come to all Xbox users in October, but until then we should see this week if there are any new features.
Stay close, as we will keep you up to date with any new development.