Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The Ori games are meant for some deep and lighthearted fun.
- The other games are more action-oriented.
- However, if you have a Game Pass, then you'll have access to a lot of good games.
Last month, at the Xbox Games Showcase 2023 and Starfield Direct event, Microsoft made a very important announcement. Starfield is coming to Windows devices and Xbox later this year, and everybody is very excited.
A lot of people are so excited about Starfield, that they’re buying Xbox consoles just for playing this game. And some of them haven’t even played any games on an Xbox before. However, Starfield drops later this year, in September, so there is a lot of time to practice playing on Xbox until then.
This user purchased an Xbox just for the game, and they were wondering what gamers should they play on an Xbox as a beginner on this console. And while there are a lot of suggestions, we took the time to round up 5 titles you should at least give a try before Starfield drops.
They’ll make you fall in love with the console and for a good reason too. The Xbox roadmap for the years ahead looks very exciting, so you’re not going to regret
Here are the games you should check out if you’re a beginner on Xbox
- The Halo franchise – as many as you can from this franchise, of course. You can start with Halo: Combat Evolved, and continue with the sequels from there. This franchise is legendary in itself, so you’ll have a lot of fun playing it. Plus, if you like it, then there’s good news for you. The Halo Roadmap looks very exciting, and a remake of the first game is reportedly being considered.
- The Gears of War games – again, as you’re preparing for Starfield, you’ll only have a summer’s worth of checking games on Xbox, but Gears should definitely be on your list. Great story, memorable moments, and superb gameplay. And you’ll have a lot of fun playing it on Xbox.
- The Ori games – Ori and the Blind Forest along with Ori and the Will of the Wisps are two super platform games with a rich story and intricate but simple gameplay. It’s definitely worth your time, especially if you’re into stories and characters.
- Quantum Break – this video game is definitely worth a shot if you’re into sophisticated plots and science fiction. The gameplay is also very different from a lot of the games of this genre, requiring you to make decisions that will transform into a live television series. Yes, there is a live TV series inside of the game.
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – if you’re purchasing an Xbox for the first time, you should try this game to get accustomed to the controllers. Hellblade is not an easy game, by all means, but it’s definitely immersive, and fascinating in all regards. Think about Dark Souls for PlayStation but with a bit of a more direct story.
We’ve chosen these games, especially for the fact that you’re buying an Xbox to play Starfield. These games can be completed in a matter of weeks, and they will teach you everything you need to know about playing on Xbox.
However, you should consult the Reddit thread if you want other recommendations. For a beginner (but you’ll move beyond that very quickly) you can try platform games and the Ori games are perfect for it.
But if you’re a more action-oriented gamer, then you should try the other ones. And let us know in the comments section below which one you like the most.