Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
A lot of Xbox users have claimed that they have encountered Dolby Atmos error code 0x80bd0009 while trying to set up Dolby Atmos via Xbox One S or while trying to enable Dolby Atmos for headphones.
This issue can be rather annoying, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to quickly solve it once and for all.
What to do if Dolby Atmos isn’t working on Xbox One?
1. Check your TV and HDMI connections
- The first thing that you will have to do is to press the Xbox button in order to open the guide.
- After this, you will have to select System -> Settings -> Display & Sound -> Video output.
- Now, you will have to select Video, fidelity & overscan.
- And the last, select HDMI, located under Display.
2. Troubleshooting sound issues with an audio-video receiver
- First, you will have to make sure that you will turn on your devices in the following order. Also also, take into consideration that you will have to wait for each one to fully power up before you will start with the next one: Television -> Audio-video receiver -> Xbox One console.
- Now you will have to press the “Input” button, located on your television’s remote control to change the input source of your receiver away from the Xbox One console and then to switch it back (HDMI1 to HDMI2, then back to HDMI1).
- After, you will have to restart the audio-video receiver.
- And then, just to set your TV connection to HDMI by following the steps from the previous solution.
3. Troubleshoot issues during voice chat
- Press the Xbox button in order to open the guide.
- After this, choose System -> Select Settings -> Select Display & sound.
- Now go to Volume -> Then Chat mixer and now you will have to select one of the available options.
4. Dolby Atmos for Headphones
- First, you will need to go to Settings;
- After this, select Display & Sound -> Audio output on the Xbox One and switch Headset Format to Dolby Atmos for Headphones.
- Then you will be asked to get the Dolby Access application.
- After the installation process is complete, please note that it is very important to select from the menu the option With my Headphones.
- Now, everything it will be done if you own an LS20, but if you own an LS30/40 you will have to proceed to the next step.
- After this, select Using HDMI or optical audio headset.
- If you are using LS40, you will have to press the EQ button until you will hear “Stereo”.
We hope that these solutions helped you fix Dolby Atmos error code 0x80bd0009 on your console. If they did, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.