- Xbox error code 0x903f900a refers to Xbox serivces not being able to identify an account's purchase of a game.
- In this article we describe the issue and put forward a few solutions that can help you fix your console and be done with that pesky error code 0x903f900a.
- For more tips and tricks make sure to check out our Xbox troubleshooting hub where we collect all kinds of Xbox related information, guides, and other goodies.
- If that isn't enough for you there is also a Fix Xbox One issues page that deals exclusively with fixing Xbox issues.
The Xbox console is the choice for many people when it comes to playing video games online. However, despite Microsoft’s console popularity, the Xbox is affected by many errors.
Two of these errors are 0x903f900a and 0x803f900a. There are certain similarities between these issues. As the users reported, these error codes appear when trying to start a game.
One user described the following problem when trying to play a game on Xbox:
I get this code (0x903f900a) when I try to play something, but when I check the xbox errorhelp site, it apparently doesn’t exist. Since Microsoft has no idea what’s going on, maybe someone here does?
So, this error code doesn’t even appear on the support site for Xbox. However, another similar error code appears.
A user wrote the following message on the official Xbox forum:
I bought my xbox one and it came with Forza. After a month, my xbox game pass has expired and i’m no longer able to play forza, even if I’ve never played online and i own the game. I get the error message: sign in with the profile used to buy this game
and make sure your subscription to Xbox Live Gold or EA access is up to date (0x803f900a). Why can’t I launch the game???
Fortunately, there are more details about this error code. Somehow, Xbox doesn’t recognize the profile used to buy this game.
As you can see, the issues are similar, and today we will show you how to fix them.
How to fix Xbox error code 0x803f900a?
1. Reset your console
- Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
- Plug the cable back in and start the Xbox to see if the problem persists.
2. Reinstall the game
A quick solution that worked for many users was to uninstall and install the game again.
3. Renew your game subscription
Probably, your subscription has expired. Therefore, you need to renew your subscription. To do that, go to Settings, then to Subscriptions.
As you can see, the errors 0x903f900a and 0x803f900a can be solved with very quick and easy methods.
Did our solutions work for you? How did you solve these errors? Do let us know in the comments section below!