Many Xbox One users reported 0x800401fb error on their console. This error appears when they try to perform specific actions. Notably, it either appears at the startup or when you are trying to access My games & apps menu.
This problem restricts them from accessing the dashboard, starting any apps, and performing other tasks. Here’s is how one of the users affected by this issue reported on Xbox user forums
As soon as I turn of my Xbox it displays this error code (0x800401fb) and a “close” button. Hitting the home button or the “close” button doesn’t work. Please help.
If you have also encountered this error, try performing our tried and tested solutions.
How to fix Xbox One error 0x800401fb?
1. Perform a power cycle
- To reset your console, press and hold the Power button for around 10 seconds. Wait for the switch to turn off completely.
- At this step unplug your console and wait for around 30-60 seconds before turning it on again.
- Finally, plug-in the console and press the Power button and wait until the Xbox animation logo appears.
- The power-cycling procedure is now complete and the problem should be resolved now.
2. Check the status of Xbox Live services
- Some times the Xbox Live services are temporarily unavailable during the maintenance period. Visit this site to see if there’s a problem with the service.
- Check the current status of Xbox Live core services.
- Proceed to the next solution if all the services are running normally.
- If the services are down, you need to wait until Microsoft resolves the server issues at the backend.
- Check again after a few hours by restarting your console and see if the problem persists.
3. Contact customer support
- In case, if none of the above-mentioned solutions worked for you, contacting the Xbox support team might be helpful.
- Visit the Microsoft web site and head towards the Support section to get live support.
4. Reset the console
- First, open the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button located on your controller.
- Once the guide menu is open, navigate to System -> Settings -> System -> Console Info.
- Now select Reset console from the Console Info menu.
- Select Reset and keep my games & apps available under the Reset your console menu.
- Your console will reinstall the operating system at this step. Based on your network, you need to wait for a while until the process is complete.
- The console will go through an automatic restart at the end of this process.
Once the reboot is complete, 0x800401fb error should disappear and you should be able to use your game station without any issues.
We hope that you were able to get rid of the frustrating error with the help of our list of solutions. Comment down below if you found this article useful.