For several reasons, when you try to log in to your Microsoft account on your Xbox One, the your account has been locked 0x80a40014 Xbox error shows up on your screen.
With this error, you cannot get your game data or access your games.
The error comes with no prior warning, and you feel like your Microsoft account is locked for no reason. It may be locked after multiple failed logins or a bug in the system.
Also, the your account has been locked 0x80a40014 Xbox error could show up when you violate Microsoft’s ToS. We won’t dwell on the causes but offer you quick fixes to this issue. Read this guide to the end.
How do I unlock my Xbox One account?
Before proceeding with the other fixes, the first thing you should note is that due to server challenges, Microsoft can block several accounts that give false positives.
You can confirm whether or not this is the case via the Microsoft Xbox Live status website.
The screenshot above shows that there is no issue with the Xbox Live servers. However, if you identify a problem, then it means that the problem is beyond your control.
You can only wait until Microsoft resolves their server problem.
While waiting for the fix, you can still enjoy your Xbox One by putting it on Offline mode. In this mode, you cannot enjoy multiplayer games or stream or access your digital content.
Learn how to enter the Offline mode in the solution below.
2. Use your Xbox One in Offline mode
- Power on your console and open the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- In the guide menu, go to Settings > System > Settings > Network to open the network menu.
- Next, from the left panel, click on the Network settings menu.
- Select Go Offline and then hit the A button to activate the Offline mode.
- If it prompts you to confirm the action, click Yes.
- Restart your Xbox One console, and the your account has been locked 0x80a40014 Xbox error will disappear.
3. Delete your profile and perform a power cycling procedure
- Power on your console, and once again, open the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Next, go to Settings > All Settings and press A.
- In the Settings menu, click on the Accounts tab and select the Remove accounts option.
- After opting to remove your accounts, the next step is to select the profile to delete and confirm it when you are asked to do so.
- Next, close this menu and get back to your dashboard.
- Now, press and hold the Xbox button on your console until the console is completely off, and the LED no longer flashes.
- Finally, power on the console to complete the power cycling procedure.
- You should see the Xbox animation when the console is about to come on.
If you delete your account and perform a power cycling procedure, but then your account has been locked 0x80a40014 Xbox error still does not disappear, you may need to speak with the Xbox support.
Visit the following website https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us, click on Ask a question, and let them know that your Microsoft account locked for no reason.
The your account has been locked 0x80a40014 Xbox error pops up randomly, even if you do not remember violating any of Microsoft’s Terms of Service. Microsoft’s support team can help you unlock your account when you reach out to them.
In the meantime, you can follow the steps here to put your console in the Offline mode and cut off yourself from Microsoft’s services to enjoy your games.
Another solution for resolving this issue when it seems your Microsoft is account locked for no reason is to delete your profile and perform a power cycling procedure.
If any of the fixes here worked for you, do let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
An Xbox Child account is a subaccount that has many restrictions applied to it regarding what content it can access.
Unfortunately, yes, there are plenty of Xbox account-related errors, and we have covered plenty of them.
If you can’t sign in to your Xbox account, then you should follow the steps written in this guide.