- The new Xbox One X (and One S) update has been announced by Microsoft folks via a Twitter post.
- Xbox Insiders will have access to it immediately while the general public is expected to be able to use it in the next few weeks.
- The Dynamic Background update is called Motes and can be easily enabled from the Personalization menu.
- The Quick Resume feature will allow users to listen to audio music from media apps with the console while a game is being played.
The new Xbox One X/S update has been revealed by Microsoft folks this week and alongside the mods for Quick Resume as well.
As of right now, the feature will be available for Xbox Insiders only while the wider public only gets a small peak on what it will look like.
It is expected that this feature will be available for the gaming console following the next few weeks.
New features now available on Xbox One X/S update
The update brings, first of all, a nice addition to the Dynamic Background and as mentioned already, it will appear or Alpha Skip Ahead in Xbox Series X and S for Xbox Insiders.
There is always a chance that the feature won’t pass the basic testing if something will go completely wrong, but we hope that will not be the case.
When it comes to the Quick Resume update, you will see if your device can support it thanks to the presence of a small tag in The Guide.
The feature will allow you to listen to music from media apps with the console while playing a game – meaning you will have the audio from both.
This can be easily activated from Settings and all you need to do is choose Allow Passthrough from the Advanced menu.
These changes are just some of many to come, as these are features that have been previously been available in the Xbox Insider Program, and they follow other important changes in Xbox roadmap, including:
- Integration with Amazon’s Alexa
- The Omega update that made free-to-play games a reality, and others.
Don’t hesitate to write us your thoughts on these new updates in the comments section bellow. We would love to hear them.