Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- YouTube TV is a popular streaming service in US that brings you not only live TV but also DVR and VOD.
- It's not hard to see why non-US users would like to have a YouTube TV subscription.
- And the best way to access geo-restricted services is, as we've said before, using a VPN.
- Find below the best VPNs with a large number of fast servers in the United States, ideal to unlock YouTubeTV.
YouTube TV is a popular streaming service that brings you not only live TV but also DVR functionality and on-demand video from more than 70 top channels. It requires no cable box nor a contract to work.
You sign up for the service and pay the $49.99/mo. fee, and start enjoying it. However, there’s a teeny tiny catch: you can’t use it nor purchase a plan outside of the US.
Aside from its price-accessible TV streaming capabilities, YouTube TV also provides your own cloud-based DVR. Therefore, you can record your favorite shows and stream them wherever you go.
The DVR has unlimited storage space, and it costs absolutely nothing more than the existing subscription fee. You can share your account with your family members (up to 6 accounts and 3 simultaneous streams).
Last, it costs you nothing to cancel since there’s no binding contract. You cancel the service, and that’s the end of it.
With all that in mind, it’s not hard to see why non-US users want to get their hands on a YouTube TV subscription. And the best way to access geo-restricted services is, as we’ve said before, using a VPN.
Can YouTube detect VPNs?
Yes. Many users report being unable to bypass geo-blocks even when using a VPN because the platform detected it.
The most common thing that makes your VPN connection discoverable is your VPN IP. Many VPNs do a good job at encrypting your traffic and hiding your actual IP.
However, it’s fairly simple to detect whether a user is connected via usual ISP traffic or VPN. To reduce this risk, you need to use a VPN to make it appear as if you are in regular traffic.
We also recommend you always connect with a VPN when accessing YouTube.
That’s because the platforms store some user data, including your location. If they notice you log in from various locations around the world, you may be restricted or get the YouTube TV spinning circle error.
What does VPN proxy detected mean?
This message means that the platform can detect that you are connected using a VPN, hence restricting access.
Try to change to a different VPN server. If the message keeps appearing, we recommend switching to a VPN with features that will hide your traffic better.
Can you trick the YouTube TV location?
Yes, you can, but you need an excellent VPN service for it. YouTube TV tries to block attempts to access the platform from outside the US, and using a VPN signals just that.
So make sure you enable double VPN or server obfuscation and check the guidelines of your VPN provider to see how to best set it up for maximum protection.
Connecting to the exact VPN location and deleting your cookies can also help.
➡️ How many times can you change your location on YouTube TV?
YouTube TV lets you change your account location twice a year.
➡️ Can you have YouTube TV in two different locations?
Yes. You can add several locations to your profile, with a main location being your home.
How do I fix proxy or VPN detected?
YouTube TV, much like other similar streaming services, got smart and started blacklisting VPN traffic. In other words, YouTube TV detects VPN traffic, so there seems to be no way to circumvent it.
VPNs have specific IP ranges, and once YouTube TV caught wind of this, they started to block them.
The same thing happens with Netflix. We’re pretty sure you know that US Netflix is a thing, and it’s more remarkable than the Netflix version you can access from, say, Europe. It has more shows, for once.
But what if we told you you can use a VPN to access YouTube TV?
YouTube TV blocking VPN? Here’s the solution
1. Use a VPN that has both dedicated IPs and obfuscation
- Get a Private Internet Access subscription. Add a dedicated IP to your plan, then download the app.
- Install it and connect to a VPN server by pressing the power button in the main UI.
- Go to the Settings panel.
- Select the Multi-Hop section.
- Enable Multi-hop and obfuscation feature and choose Shadowsocks as your proxy. Select a US location.
- Access YouTube TV.
If you really want to avoid any type of inconvenience when attempting to bypass geo-blocks, use a VPN that lets you use a dedicated IP along with server obfuscation.
Private Internet AccessUnblock YouTube TV without being detected with this VPN with thousands of US servers!
2. Use a VPN with dedicated IP
- Head to the CyberGhost website
- Select a subscription plan.
- In the Optional add-ons field, locate Dedicated IP.
- Hit the Add button in the Dedicated IP box.
- Click the Select location menu
- Make sure to select one of the three US options (YouTube TV only works in the US)
- Continue with the purchase (payment info, checkout)
- Download CyberGhost VPN on your PC
- Install it and launch it
- Log into your account
- Locate the Favorites section in the CyberGhost VPN app
- Connect to your dedicated IP
- Access YouTube TV
Everything should be okay, YouTube TV should now see you as a US resident and allow you full access. So you should be able to purchase a subscription/get the trial, and use the service without a hiccup.
CyberGhost VPNCan’t access YouTube TV with VPN? CyberGhosts’ dedicated IPs can help.
CyberGhost is an awesome VPN service brought to you by Kape Technologies that can help you easily access YouTube TV outside of the US. Just as long as you purchase a dedicated IP, that is.
3. Use a VPN with obfuscation
- Purchase a NordVPN subscription.
- Download the NordVPN app to your computer.
- Install it and launch it.
- Connect to an obfuscated US server of your choice.
- Access YouTube TV.
Obfuscated servers are a special category of servers that can bypass Internet restrictions more easily than regular ones. It disguises traffic to look just like regular unencrypted traffic by removing metadata that could be tied to VPN protocols.
NordVPNDoes YouTube TV block your VPN? NordVPN might come in handy.
NordVPN also has a dedicated IP address option to purchase alongside your regular subscription. If you did, you can use the dedicated IP server instead of the obfuscated one, just as long as the IP is US-based.
You can watch YouTube TV with a VPN
All things considered, there’s no limit to human creativity when it comes to workarounds. Even though YouTube TV is clearly intended exclusively for US residents, you can access it even if you’re not in the US.
All you need is a trustworthy VPN that offers dedicated IP servers or a VPN with obfuscated servers. However, it’s no harm if the VPN you choose comes with both options.
After all, it could be merely a matter of time until YouTube TV catches the gist and starts advanced blacklisting right and left.