The error code 0x800700005 sure is one of the most disturbing error messages regarding the Windows Store platform in Windows 10.
The good news is that there are a few things that you can do to bypass this issue. Simply follow the tutorial below and you will successfully install your apps in the shortest time possible on your Windows 10 PC.
Follow the instructions below to check if you have the correct permissions for the folder where the application you are trying to install is stored.
You’ll also download and run some troubleshooting applications in order to automatically fix your system errors in Windows 10,and be able to download apps from the Windows Store.
How do I fix Microsoft Store App error 0x800700005?
1. Make sure you’ve got the correct permissions
- Open your File Explorer in Windows 10.
- Double click to open the Windows partition
- Note: Usually the C:/ partition is the Windows partition.
- Double click or double tap on the Users folder to open it.
- Double click or double tap on the folder with your username.
- Select the AppData folder.
- From the AppData folder, double click or double-tap to open the Local folder.
- In the Local folder, you will need to find the Packages folder.
- After you found the Packages folder, right-click or hold tap on it.
- From the menu that appears, left click or tap on the Properties feature.
- Click or tap on the Security tab situated in the upper side of the window.
- In the Group or user names list check each username and be sure it has full permissions.
- In the Advanced window, check what usernames does not have full permissions and left click on the username.
- Click or tap on the Add button.
- Left-click or tap on the Select a principal link.
- Write Users under the Enter an object name to select topic.
- Next left-click or tap on the Check Names button.
- Under the Basic Permissions topic check the box next to Full Control.
- Left-click or tap on the Apply button.
- Left-click or tap on the OK button.
- Reboot your Operating System
- Check again to see if you still get the error message 0x800700005 while trying to download apps.
2. Run the Windows App Troubleshooter
- Left-click or tap on the link posted below to download the Windows App troubleshooter.
- Save the executable file to your Windows device.
- Right-click or hold tap on the executable file
- From the menu that appears left click or tap on the Run as Administrator.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the troubleshooting process and reboot your PC.
- Check again if you still get the error message 0x800700005
If you’re running Windows 10, you can also launch the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter from the Settings page.
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter > locate and launch the troubleshooter, as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Reset your Windows Store app
- Open a Run window and enter the WSReset.exe command.
- Hit Enter, wait for a few seconds and then restart your computer.
One quick method to solve error 0x800700005 is to reset your Windows Store app. This tool is essential for downloading and installing other Windows Store apps.
In other words, if there is something wrong with the Windows Store App, you won’t be able to download new apps or update the ones you already installed.
4. Restart the Windows Update services
- Press Start
- Type in cmd to launch the Command Prompt
- When Command Prompt starts, run the following commands:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- rename C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
- Open the Windows Store again and check if the problem is still there.
The Windows Store App depends on the Windows Update service to work properly. If the Windows Update Service is affected by various issues, this may also impact the Store app.
By following these steps, you should be able to quickly fix error code 0x800700005 in Windows 10 so that you can start downloading and installing your favorite apps from Store again.
If you do have any questions regarding this article, please write to us in the comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.