If you’ve ever asked yourself if there are any free spreadsheet software options available for Windows 10, you found the right website.
Even though Microsoft Office is the clear leader on the market regarding office productivity, some companies and people are not very happy about the monthly fees that come with using these services.
Fortunately for us, a large number of companies have worked to create their specific version of office software. These companies tried to cover all your office needs – documents, spreadsheets, and email.
With that in mind, you need to be aware that not all office suits have the same capabilities and compatibilities.
For this reason, in today’s article, we will have a look at some of the best office software options available that are completely free to use, and can still rival the Microsoft Office suite.
The software options presented in this top 4 will be suitable for both home and business users alike. Read on to find out more details.
Here are the best Windows 10 free Excel-like software options
WPS Office Free (recommended)
WPS Office Free is another option of Windows 10 free spreadsheet software that allows you access to a wide range of features.
The number of features contained in WPS Office is not as big as in the cases of the previous two mentioned software options but still packs a punch.
This pack contains 3 software options that replace Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Here are some of the most notable features:
- Great file format support.
- Fully compatible with Microsoft formats.
- Customized templates suggested based on roles and scenarios.
- Very small installation package.
- Very fast processing speeds.
LibreOffice is such a good replacement for Microsoft Office that you’ll get angry at yourself for paying for the Microsoft services all this time.
It is purposefully built to be fully compatible with all Microsoft formats and contains almost all the features found inside Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
This suite contains six software options that cover the entire range of tasks in an office – Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw (vector diagrams), Math (mathematical functions) and Base (databases).
Because LibreOffice is an open-source project, the suite is constantly being improved by a large community of people who volunteered. This allows for any issues to be fixed rapidly, and also allows for the creation of new extensions and templates.
Here are some other notable features found in LibreOffice:
- Modern interface with customization options.
- Frequent update schedule.
- Great file import and export capability.
- Powerful spell checking using Grammar By
- ODFF1.2 compliant functions SEARCHB, FINDB, and REPLACEB for spredasheets.
- OpenPGP document signing and encryption.
Google Sheets is another great option of Windows 10 free spreadsheet software, and it’s part of the web-based Google Docs.
For most users that have been using Google products, navigating and understanding Google Sheets will be very easy.
This online platform allows you to keep all your data stored online, so it is accessible to you whenever you need it.
One of the best features of Google Docs is the fact that you can use it for collaborations online with your employees, friends, or family.
Having a central hub that contains all the office software requirements online makes it easier than ever to work on projects.
It is worth mentioning that the business version of Google Docs will not be free. The licenses are sold per customer, and you can find more information about this here.
Here are some of the best features found in Google Sheets:
- Great set of templates to help you create professional-looking files.
- Full compatibility with Microsoft Office.
- Automatic saving process.
- Wide range of add-ons that can expand the capabilities.
- Capable of importing data tables without any loss of information.
- Conditional formatting.
Zoho Workplace is another great software option that encompasses all the required tools of a sturdy and versatile office software.
Having the entire database online can be a very good advantage, enough so that companies like Nike and the BBC use it constantly.
Here are some of the best features found in this software:
- User-friendly interface.
- Ability to make complex calculations and share spreadsheets with ease.
- It contains a web conferencing and email solution.
- Group sharing capabilities.
In this Top 4 best free spreadsheet software options available for Windows 10 list, we explored some of the most powerful applications on the market.
We also dove into some of the most notable features for each of the options presented in this list.
LibreOffice is in the first position in this top 4 because of its wide range of features. The fact that this app is an open-source project gives it the fastest time required to repair or create new features, and it also offers you free access to all the tools needed from office software.
Please let us know what software option you chose. You can do so by using the comment section below.
- Fix Microsoft Office Access error in loading DLL with these steps
- Add error bars in Google Sheets within seconds with this guide
- Microsoft brings dynamic arrays to all Excel 365 users