Action Center is a notification center included with Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. It was introduced to the desktop with the launch of Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. The Action Center replaces the charms in Windows 10.
Where is the Action Center in Windows 10?
The new action center in Windows 10 is located on the taskbar, usually on the right-hand side. This is where you’ll find app notifications and quick actions.
In case you are looking for the old action center, it’s still here just been renamed to Security and Maintenance. This is where you can go and change your security settings. To find it, just type security and maintenance in the search box and hit enter.
What does the Action Center do in Windows 10?
Action Center is a good addition to Windows, and you can customize it for your preferences. This is the place where you can get all system notifications and quick access to various settings.
The Action Center consists of two parts: the notifications area which uses the most space of the interface, and the “quick actions” bar at the bottom. Read more about in Windows 10 Action Center: The Complete Guide.
How to customize Action Center in Windows 10
- How to Change Windows 10 Window Colors and Appearance
- How to customize your Quick Actions in Action Center on Windows 10 Mobile
- How to prioritize notifications in Action Center on Windows 10 Mobile
- Remove Action Center & Windows Ink icons in Windows 10 v1607
- How to enable Cortana low battery notification on Windows 10 PC
Each Windows feature update has brought many useful changes and improvements, offering more information about the status of app and game downloads, as an example.
Read the latest news about Action Center:
- Google rolls out Windows 10 Action Center support for Chrome
- Google Chrome now supports Windows 10 Action Center notifications
- The Fall Creators Update brings new Action Center, Edge and Cortana features
- Win10 Action Center now displays Store app and game download progress
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update comes with improvements to the Action Center
- Redesigned Windows 10 Mobile Action Center coming in the future updates
- New Windows 10 build redesigns Action Center, fixes small and blurry Taskbar icons
- New Action Center and notifications in the works for Windows 10
Fix Action Center issues
Here is the updated list of helpful guides to fix Action Center issues:
- [FIX] Action Center won’t open on Windows 10
- [FIX] Action Center won’t respond
- Fix: “Bluetooth won’t turn on” in Windows 10, 8.1
- Fix: Avast Antivirus Issues in Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]