- A good Windows 10 equalizer will make the difference between good and bad music.
- If you are looking for a good sound equalizer, this article has got you covered.
- We'll also teach you how to install and customize these apps to your liking.
- Make sure to always keep the drivers updated to make sure no problems occur.
If you are a movie lover, music lover, or gamer, chances are you’ve wanted a system-wide sound equalizer for Windows 10. There are many ways to add a sound equalizer for Windows 10.
Yet, adding an equalizer to your PC can seem like a daunting task. Fortunately, the detailed steps below will show you how to add a sound equalizer for Windows 10.
How do I add a sound equalizer for Windows 10?
1. Choose a sound equalizer compatible with Windows 10
Once you have made sure that your sound drivers are updated and working properly you will need to search for a sound equalizer that works well for you.
The internet has numerous equalizer applications, so it can be intimidating to choose one. So the 3 best equalizers below will help make your search for an equalizer an easier one.
Each of the three equalizers in this list will have a short introduction. If you want more information on how to install each equalizer then you can proceed to step 3.
1.1. Boom 3D (recommended)
This is the Windows version of the famous Boom 3D from Global Delight Apps. It lets you choose the presets and you can manipulate with various frequencies from these presets.
If you are more advanced in all that is called sound than you should be able to build your own presets.
A powerful intelligent engine lets your hearing senses adapt to the environment/sound combination. You can also choose the type of headphones you are using for a better audio experience.
Boom 3D equalizer is available for free on the official website and fits perfectly on a Windows 10 machine thus being our recommended choice. Many users have tried out this software, they were all pleased with the results. The program can also let you bypass normal volume limits on your laptop or PC.
Enhancing audio has never been easier thanks to Boom 3D. More so, the software has frequent sales, so you can grab it at a fairly decent price!
Re-imagine your gaming, refine your favorite music, and redefine movie experiences, because you can use this tool to enhance all of your device’s sounds.
The multi-channel 3D surround feature will make create an immersive experience that will absorb you into the movie or the game you play, making it feel like you’re part of it.
If you want to know what 3D audio with surround effects truly sounds like, then you have try Boom 3D!
1.2. Realtek HD audio manager
This is the default equalizer found in many Windows 10 computers. Some users will have this automatically installed on their computers if they have the right type of hardware.
If a user does not have this equalizer for some reason, then he/she can easily download Realtek HD drivers from the internet and use its equalizer.
Realtek originated from Taiwan’s Silicon Valley and has been providing high-end software since 1987. Fortunately, the Realtek HD audio manager is easy to use, attractive, and powerful.
Users who are looking for a basic equalizer that has been proven and tested by time should try this software from Realtek.
Some users do not even have to download it as they already have it on their computers. To learn how to download and use this equalizer go to their official website.
1.3. Windows 10 Default Equalizer
Unknown to many, there is actually a default equalizer in Windows 10. Albeit, the equalizer is somewhat hidden and it is merely a settings window. In other words, there are no special graphics, features, etc.
However, if you do not feel like downloading anything then the default equalizer is for you. Here is how you can find the Windows 10 default equalizer.
2. How do I add a sound equalizer for Windows 10?
This section will show detailed instructions on how to download, install, or use each equalizer in your Windows 10 PC.
2.1. How to download and install Boom 3D
- Download the setup from the official site.
- Alternatively, you can download the software from the Microsoft Store.
- Run the setup and follow the guidelines.
- After the setup is finished, sign up or unlock the software.
- That’s it. You can now use the software.
2.2. How do I download and access Realtek HD?
- Download the equalizer from their official website.
- If you already have it on your PC proceed to step two.
- locate the Realtek HD audio manager also on the bottom right part of the screen on the taskbar.
- It should have a similar icon to your sound icon.
- In order to ensure you have the right icon, hover your mouse over it like the sample below.
- After you find the icon, right-click on it and select Sound manager.
- Once you are inside the sound manager menu, select the sound effect tab.
2.3. How to find the default Equalizer on Windows 10
- Locate the speaker or sound icon on your PC.
- Right-click on it and select the playback device option.
- A dialog named sound should appear.
- Locate the default speakers or headphones in the playback tab.
- Right-click on the default speakers, then select properties.
- There will be an enhancements tab in this properties window.
- Select it and you will find equalizer options.
3. Update your drivers
- locate the sound icon, which is usually located on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen on the taskbar.
- Right-click on the icon and a number of options should pop up.
- Click on the playback option.
- A window like the one below should appear.
- Double click the default icon and a properties window should appear.
- If you are not already on the general tab, locate it and click on it.
- You should then be able to locate properties in this tab.
- Open Properties.
- Click on the change settings option in the general tab.
- Go to the Driver tab and click on update driver.
Updating your drivers will ensure that they are compatible with Windows 10. It is also crucial to update for your PC to work properly.
You can choose between automatically updating your drivers or manually downloading the driver and installing it.
Either way works fine, but we strongly recommend updating them automatically in order to avoid system permanent damage by downloading and installing the wrong driver version.
3.1 Update drivers automatically
A much faster, safer, and more efficient method of updating your drivers is to use a dedicated driver update software.
As long as you use these tools, all you need is a stable Internet connection to have the latest available drivers at your fingertips. Of course, if your issues are caused by broken or missing drivers, the software is still effective since it can fix those as well.
All of this is thanks to the dedicated libraries that are used, which are themselves updated whenever a device manufacturer releases a new driver version.
All things considered, if you want to get rid of drivers as a possible cause of issues, going for a professional tool is you need.
There you have it, you now know how to add a sound equalizer for Windows 10. It is fairly easy, and can be done using multiple methods.
If you’re interested in the subject, why don’t you take a closer look at our thorough list of the best equalizer software that you can find at the moment?
Feel free to give use any feedback regarding the subject, or your experience with it, in the comment section below.