Adobe Flash Player bugs Gets Fixed on Windows 10/8.1/8 by latest updates
Microsoft and Adobe have announced the availability of a new security update for the Flash Player for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users. It brings fixes to bugs and also increases security.
The Adobe Flash Player has been having quite a few issues in Windows 8.1, not working for several users. A previous update has fixed part of those bugs, but now a new version has been made available as part of the November 2013 Patch Tuesday that takes care of most of the glitches and also brings some security improvements. Here’s what Microsoft said regarding the update:
On November 12th, a security update for Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10 and 11 on supported editions of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 is also available. The details of the vulnerabilities are documented in Adobe security bulletin APSB13-26. This update addresses the vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player by updating the affected Adobe Flash binaries contained within Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11.
On Adobe’s website we find even more details about the Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.117 version. Here is the full release note for the Adobe Flash Player and the Adobe AIR, as well
- Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.117 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh should update to Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.152.
- Users of Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.110 and earlier versions for Linux should update to Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.1687.
- Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.117 installed with Google Chrome will automatically be updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.152 for Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
- Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.117 installed with Internet Explorer 10 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 10 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.152 for Windows 8.0
- Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.117 installed with Internet Explorer 11 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 11 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.152 for Windows 8.1
- Users of Adobe AIR 22.214.171.1240 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh should update to Adobe AIR 126.96.36.1990.
- Users of Adobe AIR 188.8.131.520 and earlier versions for Android should update to Adobe AIR 184.108.40.2060.
- Users of the Adobe AIR 220.127.116.110 SDK and earlier versions should update to the Adobe AIR 18.104.22.1680 SDK.
- Users of the Adobe AIR 22.214.171.1240 SDK & Compiler and earlier versions should update to the Adobe AIR 126.96.36.1990 SDK & Compiler.
Update: Latest Flash Player updates for Windows 10
Since its last big update, Flash Player has received other many bug fixes appearing in Windows 10 but also in its previous versions. The first big update was on ‘Not working’ issues. It fixed some zoom scaling issues, rendering problems and other major problems.
In early 2017 Windows fixed a security flaw which allowed some malicious software to be installed on users PC. If you have an older version of Flash Player, we recommend you to take a look at the log in this article and see what you can do in order to secure it.
The most common error: ‘Error loading player: No playable sources found’ now can be easily fixed by using one of these solutions. It is one of the most annoying error, especially if you use the browser for video purposes a lot. In case you do, and you get this error, our solutions might be very useful.
Another security mass update was released with KB4053577 patch and it fixed the issues that could reset the global settings preferences file. The update covered all Windows versions so all users can be safe from problems with Flash Player.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2013 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness. We want to be sure that our list has the best products that will fit your needs.
If you have a Power BI report connected to Data in an Excel file in the Power BI Service or Desktop client, you can refresh […]
If you have a VPN client installed on your PC, you may also want to install an Antivirus program to protect your PC against virus and […]
The Video Editor in the Windows Photos app allows you to create videos and sync them to OneDrive. As of today, Microsoft announced that sync […]