- lock your seller account if it detects any suspicious activity from your account. can
- In this article, we show you how to unlock your locked account by contacting account specialist.
- Don't hesitate to explore out extensive Troubleshooting hub for more useful information on this topic.
- Consider bookmarking our detailed Web & Cloud section for easy access in the future.
Amazon may lock the seller account if it detects any suspicious activities from the account. When trying to sign in to your Amazon account, you may encounter the Your account has been locked for security purposes error.
Amazon can lock seller accounts due to several reasons. The most common reason being your billing detail not matching with the details on file with the card issuer.
If you are also locked out of your Amazon account, this is the article you need. We have listed a couple of troubleshooting steps that you can perform to get your Amazon account unlocked.
How do I fix the Amazon account being locked for security purposes?
1. Upload documents directly
- Open your Email account.
- Find the last order dispatch confirmation email.
- Click on the link to access your account. The link should display most of the information except your order details.
- Open a product page and try to buy it.
- The page should show an error message saying, ‘Your amazon account is locked, and orders are on hold’.
- Click on the Add document button.
- Upload all the required documents.
Note: Make sure to sign in using your dispatch email account. Otherwise, you won’t be able to upload any documents.
2. Contact via phone
- If you are from the US, use the phone number given below.
- When you get to the answering machine, choose option 2 for Prime Members.
- Ask for a supervisor. You may have to give verification details for identification.
- Make sure to explain your situation and how your account was blocked by mistake.
- Ask for an account specialist to review and unlock your account.
- Log in to an active Amazon account. If you don’t have one, create one using a new email address.
- Once logged in, contact support via chat.
- Provide verification details when asked.
- Ask for an account specialist and explain the situation.
- The account specialist should be able to help you reinstate your account.
3. Contact via email
Now there are three ways to reach Amazon customer support via email. Contacting via email seems to have helped many users reinstate their accounts. Here’s how to do it.
Reply to the Account Specialist
Amazon will send an email to your address to let you know that your account has been locked and you cannot access it with the reasons mentioned.
Once you have read the email, reply directly to the Account Specialist’s email with the details that are requested for account verification.
In case you have not received the aforementioned email, proceed with the next step.
Email via Amazon help
- Open the Amazon.com page.
- Open the Sign-in form.
- Click on Need Help.
- Next, click on Other issues with sign in.
- Select I cannot sign into my account under Account & Login Issues.
- Compose an email mentioning the issues you are facing with your account and asking them the process reinstate the same.
Email to the CEO Office
Amazon has made available its CEO Office’s email publicly. A team handles all the emails received to the ID. You can use the same email ID to enquire about your account status.
You can send your email to the CEO of Amazon – [email protected]
When sending the email, make sure to include information that makes it easier to identify your account, including your name and the email address of the Amazon account that is locked.
Daily several resellers or drop shippers get their account locked. However, most of the time, Amazon reinstates the account after verifying the billing details.
Follow the steps in the article and let us what you did to get your account unlocked in the comments.