- Although your computer is slow, it doesn't mean that you can't use an antivirus software.
- So, in this article, we'll be talking about a few antivirus programs that are suitable for such devices, so that you give them a try.
- In our Optimization Guides&Tools section, you can also find a bunch of good articles related to the same topic.
- Additionally, for everything antivirus-related, take a look at our Antivirus Hub.
Do you work on a snailware? Or rather on a slow PC? Today, we will be talking about ideal antivirus programs for slow computers.
Computer slowdown may be due to so many causes. It could be as a result of program download and installation, web browsing, overloaded file folders etc. Some antivirus software programs also slow down computers, while some don’t.
What is the best antivirus software for slow computers?
BullGuard is a trialware antivirus program that looks smooth and has a great protection rating.
In addition to file scanning, BullGuard also brings a spam filter for your local email client as well as traffic scanning for web browsing.
These automated protection schemes couple with the 24/7 support make this antivirus a solid choice for the budget-conscious.
BullGuard is easy to use, and it provides a powerful layered protection against all types of malware, such as trojans or phishing attempts.
And, what’s more important at this point, it doesn’t slow your computer down, maintaining the speed of your device.
BullGuard AntivirusGet BullGuard now to ensure the best protection for your slow computer.
Bitdefender is one of the best value for windows PC protection and it comes with different programs for PCs, Macs, iOS, and Android devices.
Bitdefender protects against ransomware and malware, using next-gen technologies that don’t slow down your computer. Thanks to the automatic updates, the program will always be up to date with the latest malware signatures.
The program comes with a multitude of useful features, including real-time data protection, webcam protection, and adware blocker to prevent automatic installation of various browsers extensions, plus an excellent VPN feature to keep your browsing activity private.
The Avast Pro Antivirus software is very good for slow computers and compatible not only with Windows devices, but also with Macs, Android or iOS devices.
During various testing, this antivirus software was rated highly for its ability to detect, block, and remove viruses. It can quickly detect threatening programs to your PC such as keyloggers and adware.
It also brings some options such as Real Sites, Webcam Shield, or a Do Not Disturb mode, which can come handy nowadays for various online activities.
- Good detection rates
- 24/7 support
- Compatibility with all versions of Windows.
- Detects when your applications are out of date and helps you to update them
- Webcam protection
- Wi-Fi Inspector to detect weak public or home wi-fi networks
- A real site detector to prevent you from opening fake harmful sites for shopping or online banking operations
The Panda Antivirus free security software is very good for slow computers and compatible with the Windows OS.
It makes use of cloud processing to protect your PC thereby removing the need for heavy software updates and demanding scans.
- Process monitor enables you to see active processes and lets you know if they are using a secure connection.
- It scans quickly. You can perform three types of manual scans: full scan, critical scan, and custom scan.
- It also contains a handy vaccination tool that checks attached USB drives for malicious software.
- These options are usually presented in a clear dashboard, with tiles that are movable and can be customized to suit your preferences.
- It has removal issues.
- It is dependent on an Internet connection.
- When scanning it is usually slow.
AVG Internet Security software is an all in one package. It is very compatible with the Windows OS.
- It optimizes the speed of your system very much.
- Its operations can be tuned, including unused applications, visual effects, and others.
- Great storage zones for sensitive files.
- It has a dashboard that enables the monitoring of devices health.
- Great price. So many devices can be gotten with just one price.
- It has a well-integrated interface.
However, the downside of AVG Ultimate is that some security features are missing on the program. Also, its user interface is not optimized for novice PC users.
This free antivirus software is also good for slow computers and compatible with the Windows OS.
It is a user-friendly antivirus program efficient for every computer user. However, it is designed to suit personal use and not for commercial or business use.
- It offers effective antivirus protection against worms, viruses, and Trojans and AntiDialer protection against expensive dialers.
- It monitors every action executed by a user and reacts quickly when a malicious program is detected.
- Avira Antivir uses innovative search technology to detect viruses or malware.
- It offers protection such as antiRootkit protection, antiPhishing protection, and antiSpyware protection.
- It has the QuickRemoval which eliminates viruses at the push of a button.
- Avira Antivir has a control center for monitoring and controlling the entire program.
- It has a central configuration which is user-friendly.
However, Avira Antivirus lacks a sandbox tool, firewalls, and web shields; in addition, its zero-day protection and behavioral shield are very poor.
In conclusion, the antivirus programs mentioned above are most suitable for your slow computers. Most of them have a great interface, are very easy to use, free, and contains several features.
However, they protect your PC against viruses and malware. Some of them also help to clean viruses and restore infected or hidden files. You can click on the download link of the software which suits your desire the most for download.
FAQ: Read more about antivirus programs for slow PCs
- Which antivirus slows down the computer the most?
Most antivirus programs have adapted to this aspect nowadays and interfere less with other programs. However, it is possible that the existing processes or components cause a slowdown.
- Does a free antivirus really work?
A free antivirus works, but it will always offer only a few basic features, while a paid antivirus will increase security with extra layers of protection.
- How does antivirus affect computer performance?
An antivirus is rather meant to keep your device healthy and optimize some processes. Whereas computer performance can be updated using specific software solutions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2018 and has been since revamped and updated with new products so our users would have a wider range of alternatives.