- If your PC is lagging, then a lightweight antivirus that can efficiently block malware is perfect for slow computers.
- Check the guide below for a high-quality app from Avast that ensures a safe and smooth streaming experience.
- Efficient antivirus tools for slow computers combine VPN features with next-gen technologies.
- Don't miss out on excellent software that comes with full scanning abilities and OS compatibility.
Do you work on a snailware? Or rather on a slow PC? Today, we will be talking about ideal antivirus programs for slow computers.
Computer slowdown may be due to so many causes. It could be as a result of a faulty program download and installation, web browsing, overloaded file folders etc.
Some software also slows down computers, while some don’t. Therefore in this article, we’re going to see what antivirus is best for you if you’re using a slow PC.
What is the best antivirus software for slow computers?
When it comes to a slow PC the last thing you need is an antivirus that interferes with the functioning of your device and freezes your active programs, that’s why you should trust ESET antivirus.
This professional software promises to offer advanced protection against multiple types of viruses from ransomware to worms, spyware and add-ons.
One of the best qualities of the ESET antivirus is the fact that it offers full protection without slowing down your PC while streaming or performing any other activities.
Another awesome feature is the battery-saving mode which allows you to save the resources of your device and thus avoid overheating and CPU usage.
Let’s see some of its greatest features:
- Powerful anti-phishing and anti-ransomware protection
- IoT and webcam protection against harmful actions
- Trusted by over 110 million users worldwide
- Password management system
- One license for all your devices
ESET Internet SecurityIf you’re looking for advanced protection for your slow PC, ESET provides the online security that’s best for your device.
The Avast Free Antivirus software is very good for slow computers and compatible not only with Windows devices, but also with Macs, Android or iOS devices.
During various testing, this antivirus software was rated highly for its ability to detect, block, and remove viruses. It can quickly detect threatening programs to your PC such as keyloggers and adware.
It also brings some options such as Real Sites, Webcam Shield, or a Do Not Disturb mode, which can come in handy nowadays for various online activities.
Check out the best features of Avast:
- Completely free
- Behavioral Shield feature that keeps an eye on any suspicious modifications on all apps
- Software updater tool that takes care of keeping all your apps up to date
- Advanced ransomware protection
- Ransomware Shield to perfectly securing your systems against such threats
Avast Free AntivirusRely on Avast Free Antivirus as the best solution for protecting your slow PC from dangerous cyber threats.
This antivirus software has become very popular among users who own a slow PC thanks to the fact that it blocks viruses and malicious websites and it also light on your device.
A great element about this PC is the free VPN that offers advanced security of your online session by anonymizing your presence and in addition, also offers a 500MB/month limit.
With this tool, you won’t have to worry about somebody else hacking your password because with the Identity Protection feature your accounts are protected with strong unique passwords.
The PC Cleaner function is another element that helps you remove your digital traces and prevents Windows from tracking your activity.
Check out the best features of Avira:
- Apps and drivers updater included
- Free VPN included
- Anti-scam advanced protection
- PC cleaning tools
- 100% free
AviraYour PC is slow but you still want good protection? Count on Avira to keep you safe malicious threats.
BullGuard is a trialware antivirus program that looks smooth and has a great protection rating.
In addition to file scanning, BullGuard also brings a spam filter for your local email client as well as traffic scanning for web browsing.
These automated protection schemes couple with the 24/7 support make this antivirus a solid choice for the budget-conscious.
BullGuard is easy to use, and it provides powerful layered protection against all types of malware, such as trojans or phishing attempts.
And, what’s more important at this point, it doesn’t slow your computer down, maintaining the speed of your device.
Let’s look at some of the best features of BullGuard:
- Dynamic Machine Learning feature for adaptive protection
- Secure, dedicated browser for online banking and online purchases
- Game Booster with anti-cheat engines that improves support for major online games
- Easy to use and manage without special training
- Fast performance due to reduced signature definitions files
BullGuardGet your hands on this popular antivirus for slow PCs that offers security against a variety of malware.
Bitdefender is one of the best value for Windows PC protection and it comes with different programs for PCs, Macs, iOS, and Android devices.
Bitdefender protects against ransomware and malware, using next-gen technologies that don’t slow down your computer.
Thanks to the automatic updates, the program will always be up to date with the latest malware signatures.
The program comes with a multitude of useful features, including real-time data protection, webcam protection, and adware blocker to prevent automatic installation of various browsers extensions.
Bitdefender also comes with an excellent VPN feature to keep your browsing activity private and provide ultimate security against stolen data.
Let’s review some of Bitdefender’s top features:
- Anti-ransomware protection
- Wi-Fi Security Advisor scans the networks you connect to and recommends the best protective action
- Bitdefender Firewall for an extra layer of security
- Advanced heuristic methods to detect ransomware and other new threats in real time
- Easy to maintain and operate
Bitdefender Total SecurityTrust this antivirus software built on advanced technology for real time security even on a slow PC.
The Panda Antivirus free security software is very good for slow computers and compatible with the Windows OS.
It makes use of cloud processing to protect your PC thereby removing the need for heavy software updates and demanding scans.
The process monitor enables you to see active processes and lets you know if they are using a secure connection. It scans quickly and you have three types of scanning: full scan, critical scan, and custom scan.
The Panda software also contains a handy vaccination tool that checks attached USB drives for malicious software.
These options are usually presented in a clear dashboard, with tiles that are movable and can be customized to suit your preferences.
Take a look at some of its greatest features:
- Complete, personal, data protection
- Scanning of external devices for infection
- Free, limited bandwidth VPN
- Antivirus and firewall for Windows
- Technical support 24 hours a day, all year
Panda Security EssentialKeep your slow device safe from malware and data phishing with this lightweight antivirus.
AVG Internet Security software is an all-in-one package. It is very compatible with the Windows OS and offers a very nicely integrated interface.
Among the best features is the fact that it optimizes the speed of your system and also the fact that its operations can be tuned, including unused applications, visual effects, and others.
With the AVG antivirus, you also get great storage zones for sensitive files and it also has a dashboard that enables the monitoring of device’s health.
However, the downside of AVG Ultimate is that some security features are missing on the program. Also, its user interface is not optimized for novice PC users.
Check out this tool’s top features:
- Data encryption and file shredding features
- Enhanced Firewall for full control over your PC
- Email Shield especially designed for e-mail protection
- 30-day money-back guaranteed policy
- Protects up to 10 devices on one license
AVG Internet SecurityDon’t miss out on this antivirus tool that optimizes your PC so you can enjoy great speeds in absolute safety.
In conclusion, the antivirus programs mentioned above are most suitable for your slow computers. Most of them have a great interface, are very easy to use, free, and contains several features.
However, they protect your PC against viruses and malware. Some of them also help to clean viruses and restore infected or hidden files.
If you don’t want to bother about renewing your license, take a look at our list with the best antiviruses with unlimited license.
Have you chosen one? Do you have any other proposals? Tell us about that in a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most antivirus programs have adapted to this aspect nowadays and interfere less with other programs. However, it is possible that the existing processes or components cause a slowdown.
A free antivirus works, but it will always offer only a few basic features, while a paid antivirus will increase security with extra layers of protection.
An antivirus is rather meant to keep your device healthy and optimize some processes. Whereas computer performance can be updated using PC optimizer and tune-up software.