- India is among the most vulnerable countries to cyber threats, so choosing a reliable antivirus is essential.
- In this article, we list some of the best options available right now.
- For similar guides, take a few minutes to scroll through our Antivirus Best Deals Hub.
- We also recommend that you visit our Cybersecurity Hub to stay up to date with the latest news in the industry.
No matter what, having antivirus software on your Windows 10 in India is simply a prerequisite these days. Given that India already features among the highest Internet users list in the world, it’s simply a must-have.
Browsing the Internet even at the slightest of frequency can attract security threats for your computer.
Cyber threats are an increasing concern worldwide and the most common threats in India are malware infections, ransomware, and spam. Network attacks, phishing, crypto miners, or bots are among the other known global threats.
Windows PCs are the default breeding ground for bugs (viruses and malware) and vulnerable to hackers.
This calls for the need for a powerful antivirus to keep your Windows 10 PC and personal information safe from such threats. The job of a good antivirus is to identify and eliminate these threats from you’re your machine.
But, with countless antivirus available these days, it can be pretty confusing to choose the right one.
For your convenience, we have created this list of some of the best antivirus software to keep your Windows 10 safe.
What is the best antivirus for Windows 10 in India?
Bullguard is a trialware antivirus option that looks clean and has a great protection rating.
In fact, it might be a little too over-protective, having the tendency to throw false positives that can get in the way of legitimate activities.
In addition to file scanning, Bullguard also brings a spam filter to your local email client as well as traffic scanning for when you are browsing the web.
These automated protection schemes couple with the 24/7 support make this antivirus a solid choice for the budget-conscious.
It is easy to use the software, providing powerful layered protection against all types of malware, such as trojans or phishing attempts.
Also, it doesn’t slow your computer down, maintaining the speed of your device.
BullGuard AntivirusGet BullGuard now to protect your device and to increase browsing security.
Developed and launched by Florin Talpes back in 2001, Bitdefender offers some of the best features for free. The company is located in Romania that specializes in internet security tools and offers products targeted for home and business users.
Whether it’s a small device, smart home, small-scale business, or a Business data center, it provides comprehensive security to all. The software is known for its ease of use and delivers superior protection from external threats with exceptional performance.
Among the features of this award-winning antivirus software are:
- Preventing network threats from attacks before even it could reach and infect;
- Offers multi-layer protection and correction against ransomware identifying any behavioral disparity to help block away viruses. Keeps your encrypted files secure from malicious attacks;
- Features parental control that provides digital assistance to parents and added online protection for children.
Bitdefender also comes equipped with an anti-rootkit feature that helps the PC or Laptop to start safely each time. What’s more? It also provides protection for online transactions using the web filter feature.
Even though the free version can perform its part well enough, the paid version comes with much more included. Users that purchase a license can enjoy advanced features such as VPN encryption, banking-payments assistant, ransomware protection, firewall, and much more.
BitdefenderProtect your PC with Bitdefender to benefit from 24/7 security and the best next-gen technologies.
Avast antivirus is one of the most popular antivirus software for Windows 10 in India.
It scans all the installed applications while running the usual malware scanning simultaneously. Best of all, it runs on a number of devices.
The program allows users to hide their online activities being tracked by employers, internet providers. Be it a restaurant or the airport, this antivirus tool covers users in any location while allowing them to access any content, at any given time, under full protection. Among its other features are:
- Webcam Shield to keep your built-in camera safe from spyware attacks.
- Ransomware Shield to protect any files in the system to prevent encryption without your acknowledgment. This protects users from getting held to ransom.
- Real-time security, intelligent tracking of threats, and an extra layer of protection for your files, browser, network, and passwords.
- Complete security for business irrespective of its size, network, or devices.
- Offers mobile phone apps keeping your transactions, or email private and secured. It also helps free up space on your phone.
- User-friendly and easy to install
Users can also take advantage of its advanced features, like the smart gaming mode, home network security, or the software updater free of cost.
AvastUse Avast and get real-time protection for your important documents, emails, wi-fi network, and overall online activity.
Kaspersky is a cybersecurity software that offers support for all devices (PC, Mac, Android Tablet, and Android smartphones). With excellent scores from four different testing labs, this software is better known for its excellent protection against phishing.
Some of the other features of this antivirus are blocking malware and harmful URLs, scanning to identify malware in files, web, or in the mail.
System Watcher is another great feature offered by this software that can identify even the zero-day malicious software (malware). The Network Attack Blocker that comes with Kaspersky works to block any threatening network activities. Moreover, the software performs optimizes the initial scan to accelerate the following scans.
The best part is, Kaspersky is perfect for protecting your system from security threats.
Norton Internet Security by Symantec has been popular since its launch in 1991. 25 years on and there are still many faults to find in this software.
With an impressive set of tools to offer that are designed to optimize the security of your devices, it’s still one of the best in the business. Some of its major features include:
- Equipped with an anti-phishing filter that flags emails aimed to defraud internet users of their personal information by posing as a respectable company.
- Excellent core antivirus engine that counters a wide range of security issues including threats like malware, viruses, and keyloggers.
- Scans millions of websites and issues caution against likely unsafe pages with the use of features, like, Identity Safe password manager, Norton toolbar, and the Norton safe web.
- Allows users to create bootable rescue CD when the device becomes fatal. The rescue media allows the users to securely access the infected device, perform an antivirus scan, and bring it back to a functional state.
Norton offers security by passing on the dubious items from the past, to the SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) where they are examined. For any harmful items detected, special signatures are created while push notifying the users across the world via LiveUpdate.
If you want to save your Windows 10 PC from malicious software and intentions, there could be no better way than using a reputable antivirus (you could also try open source).
While there are many antivirus programs available in India, the above mentioned five are some of the best in the business, that effectively help you fight against cyber threats.
FAQ: Read more about antivirus software
- What is the cheapest antivirus software?
Prices for antivirus programs vary depending on the time of year and on various offers. Perhaps a free antivirus would be the cheapest, though, and we’ve got just the right recommendations for you.
- Is free antivirus safe?
Free antivirus is safe, but it will only offer limited protection. Meaning that you might not get access to real-time protection, for instance.
- Should I buy an antivirus for Windows 10?
Our recommendation is that you buy an antivirus for Windows 10 since your system is at risk no matter how rare you use it. Besides, you can get some really good deals right now.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in November 2018 and then revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.