- One important function of an antivirus with encryption is keeping you safe against the latest Trojans and ransomware bugs.
- You should go for a specialized antimalware tool that can also improve your streaming experience.
- Dedicated apps with advanced backup features for increased protection are a great pick as well.
- Other elements to consider in a great antivirus with encryption are mobile security and efficient remote management.
Encryption means applying secret codes to your sensitive files or data so that no one is able to read them unless they have the password.
An antivirus with encryption helps you protect your data and privacy of your files, ensuring that malicious users or your household members can’t access them.
In this article, we explore some of the best antivirus with an encryption feature that you can use to protect your files and data from unauthorized access by persons other than yourself.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Best security tool for intense browsing activity.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Browse the web securely for up to 3 devices across Windows, Mac, iOS or Android systems.
Prevent data breaches and malware infections with user-friendly controls.
What are the best antivirus tools with encryption?
The Eset Smart Security is able to protect against a great variety of dangerous threats like the latest versions of viruses, spyware, ransomware, and worms.
A feature that you’ll definitely enjoy about this antivirus is that it provides advanced protection without interfering with other programs or activities you’re performing online.
Thanks to a technology that blocks any type of pop-up ads you can stream your favorite TV show without any pesky interruptions.
Take a look at its best features:
- Advanced ransomware and phishing protection
- File and removable media encryption
- Anti-theft features for your portable device
- Protect multiple devices with different operating systems from the same license
- Built-in password manager
ESET Smart Security
This excellent antivirus with encryption features ensures protection against the most dangerous threats.
Every year, VIPRE earns top security ratings from the most important independent antivirus testing authorities.
That’s why we recommend VIPRE Antivirus Plus, a lightweight solution that is easy-to-use but ensures complete, real-time protection for your system.
This security software doesn’t come with a lot of features but it’s extremely efficient in what it does.
And that is mainly keeping your computer safe from viruses, malware, Trojans, worms, and any other threats, even if they are polymorphs (it changes its signature to avoid detection).
Let’s see what are Vipre’s top features:
- Over 20 years of experience in security solutions
- Free customer support
- Easy to install and easy to use
- Malware, spyware, and ransomware detection and removal
- 30-day money-back guaranteed
VIPRE not only uses encryption but also machine learning to identify threats before they hit.
Bitdefender delivers continuous, powerful protection against any sophisticated threats, including both malware and ransomware.
It features the File Encryption feature, a solution that creates password-protected vaults on your computer for confidential and sensitive documents, preventing loss of sensitive information.
The application provides you with remote management of encryption keys, plus provides centralized management for Windows BitLocker, ensuring optimal compatibility and performance.
Let’s see some of its key features:
- Advanced artificial intelligence to anticipate, detect, and instantly block zero-day threats
- Built-in optimization tools to enhance the PC performance
- Advanced anti-phishing protection
- Dedicated browser for online transactions
- Game, movie, and work modes
Encrypt your data and protect your PC from any threat with this multi-layered security tool.
With the Complete or Premium plan, Panda antivirus also has encryption features that will prevent unauthorized users from accessing protected data.
With Panda, you can protect the files you want using a password so that only you can have access to them.
It is easy to use and maintain, minimizes resource usage, gives guaranteed service availability, and constant system monitoring.
All encrypted files can be easily identified by the icon changes and the .pwde extension when needed.
Let’s review some of its greatest features:
- Realtime virus and malware protection
- VPN for private Internet use
- Extended virus scan for remote devices
- Parental control for Windows
- Strong password generator
Password protect or encrypt your data with this light but resourceful antivirus right now.
Kaspersky gives you maximum protection for your computer against online threats, keeping your internet connection, webcam, and online transactions secure.
In addition to robust protection, this tool also offers file backup as well as file encryption for your files.
Kaspersky also allows you to manage your identity information such as passwords, update software, and delete unused apps.
With the business line of products, you get further features such as application control, mobile security, preconfigured security profiles, simple and intuitive cloud-based console, and more.
Take a look of some of Kaspersky’s top features:
- Blocks inappropriate content for your family
- Extra security for banking and other online transactions
- Advanced privacy protection
- Easy to install and maintain
- Protects all your devices with one license
Kaspersky will help you safeguard and back-up your data but it will also protect you from any online threats.
You can rely on the Avast Free Antivirus in order to protect your PC from some of the most dangerous cyber threats, especially ransomware, which functions as a digital extortion element.
One of the best things about this antivirus is that it guarantees a smooth streaming experience for gamers and Netflix fans, thanks to the Do Not Disturb Mode mode, which blocks annoying popups.
In addition to checking your applications for malware, the Avast antivirus also keeps a watch on your programs just to make sure that they function properly at any given time.
Let’s see what its key features are:
- Passive mode for running multiple security products in parallel
- Do Not Disturb mode for blocking popups when you work or play
- Behavior Shield for monitoring of the apps and detect unusual modifications
- Wi-Fi inspector for detecting any possible weaknesses in your connections
- Dedicated ransomware shield for advanced protection
Avast Free Antivirus
For the best free antivirus with encryption, rely on this professional software and benefit from an amazing experience!
BullGuard offers encryption along with file backup feature, from where you can set up backup profiles, then run or edit them.
Encryption can be activated from the backup settings, where you can create backups for Windows default locations such as Documents, Photos, Music, Videos, and Desktop folders.
BullGuard ranks highly in independent tests and incorporates innovative multi-layered defenses that block all forms of malicious threats, ensuring optimal performance.
Let’s review some its best features:
- Multi-layered protection
- Custom-built browser for secure shopping and banking
- Game Booster feature with compatibility for anti-cheat engines
- Checks the authenticity of applications and drivers by verifying their digital signatures
- Fully optimized for Windows 10
Has one of these antiviruses with encryption caught your eye? You should try more than one to make the right decision.
Some of the best lifetime license antiviruses also include encryption so make sure you try them out. That’s your chance to save some money and time in the process.
Let us know what is your favorite security software and why in the comments section below. The information might help other users like yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this type of software has an excellent capacity for protecting your PC against dangerous cyber threats. See which are the best antiviruses with encryption.
Hackers can try to decrypt whatever information you’ve got encrypted on your device, however, chances are considerably low that they succeed.
This is quite an easy procedure and you can either use a dedicated tool or rely on the built-in encrypted file system. Check this guide on how to encrypt files and folders in Windows 10.