- Apex Legends is a fantastic battle royale game that you can play on Origin and Steam completely free. It supports Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- If you're lagging during gameplay, you can reduce ping in Apex Legends by using a VPN app. Discover the fastest VPN solutions and find out how to get around VPN blocks.
- To stay in touch with news and workarounds about this game, visit our Apex Legends section.
- For additional tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay, see our Gaming VPN Hub.
VPN Summer sale (83% off!)
Last chance to catch this awesome VPN deal: 1.99$ per month for the Surfshark VPN (available only this week). Surfshark VPN comes with the following features:
Apex Legends is a battle royale game that you can play on Steam and Origin for free. In addition to Windows PC, it’s available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
You team up with 2 other players and fight up to 19 other squads to determine the winner. All teams land on an island and have time to look for weapons and gear before the battle begins.
Apex Legends has servers all around in the world, including the US, UK, Brazil, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, and Australia. You can switch to any preferred server, but it’s recommended to select the one closest to your region for optimal performance.
Even in those conditions, some players report high ping when playing Apex Legends. It can be extremely troubling since you must time your actions to defeat other players. However, you can use a VPN to improve ping in Apex Legends.
The VPN you’re looking for should have game servers in all regions supported by Apex Legends. Moreover, it should deliver excellent performance and protect you from DDoS attacks.
What are the best VPNs for Apex Legends?
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the best VPN app you can use to reduce ping while playing Apex Legends. Created by Kape Technologies, PIA offers excellent connection speed and gives you the possibility to connect to multiple VPN servers all over the world, including the regions supported by Apex Legends game servers.
When using PIA, you can switch to private DNS mode to protect your DNS queries. It allows 10 simultaneous connections and works with Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
PIA key features:
- Connect to over 3,200 servers in 46 countries
- Military-grade encryption and anti-DDoS protection
- Zero logs
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessMake Apex Legends work better with this VPN app that lowers your ping time.
Just like PIA, CyberGhost VPN has exclusive DNS servers to ensure the best possible VPN connection speed while you play Apex Legends with your friends. It permits 7 simultaneous connections and supports Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
CyberGhost VPN key features:
- Explore more than 6,400 servers in 89 countries
- Top-of-the-line security features, including DDoS protection
- Strict no-logs policy
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial, no credit card)
CyberGhost VPNImprove the Apex Legends connection speed by reducing lag with this VPN app.
If Apex Legends is blocking your VPN connection, use NordVPN to overcome this problem. Made by Tefincom & Co., S.A., this VPN service supports obfuscation mode so that you can hide the fact that you’re using VPN.
If you’re already using NordVPN but it won’t let you connect to Apex Legends, just switch to obfuscation mode before connecting to any VPN servers. The tool has private DNS, supports 6 simultaneous connections, and works with Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
NordVPN key features:
- Use over 5,400 VPN servers in 59 countries
- Connect to obfuscated servers to bypass VPN blocks
- No-logging policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
NordVPNReduce your ping and bypass VPN blocks while playing Apex Legends, thanks to this VPN tool.
Apex Legends is a highly entertaining battle-royale online game that you can enjoy with your friends. The best thing about it is that it’s completely free to play. However, if you keep losing fights because you can’t time your actions due to high ping, use one of the VPN solutions above to fix this problem.
Private Internet Access is the fastest VPN app, closely followed by CyberGhost VPN. But if your VPN connection gets regularly blocked during gameplay, switch to NordVPN’s obfuscated servers.
FAQ: Learn more about Apex Legends and VPN
- Does Apex Legends work better with a VPN?
Yes, Apex Legends works better with a VPN if you have a high ping. But you need to connect to an optimal VPN server (close to the game server). Otherwise, you risk worsening your gaming experience.
- What’s the best VPN server for Apex Legends?
It depends on the game server you play. For example, if you live in Australia and play on an Australian game server, connect to a VPN server that’s also in Australia. However, if you live in Australia and play on a US game server, connect to a US VPN server.
- What if I can’t play Apex Legends on a VPN?
Only use a VPN to play Apex Legends if you have a high ping when using a normal Internet connection. If the game is blocking your VPN connection, use NordVPN and connect to obfuscated servers.
- NordVPN won’t let me connect to Apex Legends?
Turn on obfuscation mode in NordVPN before connecting to Apex Legends. This way, you are hiding the fact that you’re behind a VPN.
- How to show ping in Apex Legends?
If you’re wondering how to check ping in Apex Legends, press Esc during gameplay and then Cancel. Click Data Center and check the ping time to all data centers.