- The Apple Notes app is not officially available for Windows 10.
- In this article, we walk you through a step by step guide to view apple notes on Windows 10.
- If you like this article, explore more such articles by visiting our How-To hub.
- Also, check out our dedicated Software section to find productivity software for Windows 10.
A lot of us use iPhone but prefer Windows 10 when it comes to PC. However, this preference can become an issue if you use the Apple Notes app on your iOS device extensively.
So, how can you get the Apple Notes app on Windows 10?
There is no official version of the Apple Notes app for Windows 10 yet, and, we don’t see Apple porting its iOS or macOS apps to Windows 10 in the near future, but there is a workaround that we’ll explore in this guide.
Read on for more details.
How can I view my Apple Notes in Windows?
Note: For this article, we are using Google Chrome. But you can use other Chromium-based browsers like Edge to achieve the same results.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Open iCloud and login to your account.
- Open the Notes app and wait for it to open.
- Click the More button (three dots) top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Select More Tools > Create a Shortcut.
- In a new tab, type chrome://apps/ and hit enter.
- Right-click on the newly created Notes shortcut.
- Select Open as Window.
- Again, right-click on the Notes shortcut and select Create Shortcuts.
- Click Create. This will add the Notes app shortcut to your Start menu and Taskbar.
Once done, you can open the Notes app from the Start menu or taskbar like normal apps. Even though the app will still open Google Chrome, it will open in a separate window.
The fact that Apple has not given third-party developers access to its Notes app means it will remain unavailable for Windows 10 to be downloaded as a standalone app for now.
By following the steps in the article, you can get the Apple Notes app working on Windows 10. While this may be a workaround, it works fine as long as you are comfortable using Google Chrome.
If not, check out other alternatives to replace your Apple Notes app.