ARK: Survival Evolved update welcomes the Titanosaur, the biggest dinosaur in gaming
ARK: Survival Evolved is the perfect game for the Jurassic Park fans out there. The game takes you on the shores of a mysterious island, where you must learn to survive. Plenty of primeval creatures are roaming the land, and you must kill or tame them if you want to stay alive.
You are not alone on the island, other players are stranded there as well and when you encounter them, you must dominate them as well.
This incredible game allows you to turn huge, powerful dinosaurs into your pets. There are over 50 creatures you can tame using a subdue and protect process. Weaken the dinosaurs so as to knock them out, and then nurse them to health. Once tamed, you can issue commands to your your dinosaur-pet, which it may follow depending on how well you’ve tamed and trained it.
If you like challenging tasks, you’ll be thrilled to learn that the biggest dinosaur in gaming, Titanosaur just entered the game. If you can tame this beast, you will become invincible and you’ll also have access to new features.
Once you’ll tame him, he can help you to build tree houses on towering branches. In other words, this update brings new craftable platforms and retractable rope ladders, allowing you build your camp high in the trees and reduce the risks you are being exposed to.
However, there are only three Titanosaurs on the island, so if players tame them all, this will block wild ones from spawning.
This update also brings other interesting features such as:
- “Balled Doed’s are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks — now just very, very resistant to them.
- Magnfiying Glass now displays creature Torpor stats (on Wild creatures too).
- Tamed Dinos that are following a submerged allied Target will not attempt to float to the surface of the water, but rather will attempt to stay at the depth of their allied Target. (helpful when deliberately going deep-diving your tamed land Dinos). However, Dinos that are capable of suffocating will try to surface if they are out of Oxygen regardless!
- Tamed & Wild Gigas Damage reduced by 50%, Wild Giga HP reduced by 40%, Tamed Giga Run Speed reduced by 30%, Tamed Giga HP reduced by 25%, Giga Stamina Increased by 30%. Tamed Gigas now require/consume 50% less food for subsistence.
- Fixed bug where Wild Giganotosaurus and other dinos would not respawn properly until the server was relaunched.
- Added two additional levels to gain, for Players and Dinos.
- Fixed an issue where pillars were not being calculated correctly as foundations when building pillars downwards
- Massive +33% rendering gains with any translucent rendering (particles, greenhouse windows, etc). Yay for eliminating unnecessary SceneColor resolves!”
For more information about the full update content, read the Patch Notes on Steam.
If you ever encounter issues while playing this game, check out our exhaustive fix article.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fallout 4’s new Survival Mode is now available on Steam
- Post-apocalyptic survival game Sheltered comes to Windows PC next week
- Prepared to be creeped out playing We Happy Few for Xbox One later this year
Steam is one of the biggest gaming platforms, but players reported that Steam does not show them in game. This problem is particularly annoying, especially […]