ARK: Survival Evolved is an open-world action-adventure survival video game developed by Studio Wildcard in cooperation with Instinct Games, Virtual Basement and Efecto Studios. The game is expected to be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, OS X and Linux in 2017. However, the game’s early access has already begun for macOS, Linux and Windows back in July 2015, for Xbox One in December 2015 and finally, for PlayStation 4 in December 2016. In this game, you will need to survive in a world filled with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, natural hazards and other human players.
A new update for this game was released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 which brings the consoles up to date with the PC version of the game, bringing it to version 253 and introducing 5 new creatures and 2 new underwater caves:
- Cnidaria Omnimorph: This new creature is a combination of everything good and bad about various species of Jellyfish. This dinosaur is simple to tame and train, but it seems that tribes keep them around for their bioluminescence and their ability to sting. The Cnidaria also drops a special biotoxin which you can use to create shocking torpor darts, which are twice as powerful as the regular ones.
- Troodon Magnanimus: This is a very clever creature which is very hard to tame. In fact, you will need to earn its loyalty via its social nature and love of the hunt. The Troodon loves to hunt during the night time.
- Pegomastax Fructarator: The good thing about Pegomastax is that they are herbivores, which means that you should not fear them. However, this creature prefers to live alone and this is the reason why they are pretty hard to tame. However, once you they them you will notice that they are awesome scavengers that are able to collect a big quantity of seeds and berries and gather rare mushrooms, flowers and other ingredients that are needed to cook.
- Tusoteuthis Vampyrus: This dinosaur is slow, but it is very dangerous if anyone dares to get too close to it. It uses its tentacles to grab the prey and after it crushes it and siphon the blood out of the victim. If you are able to tame this creature, you will be able to extract its unique ink, which contains oils that can be processed into fuels.
- Therizinosaurus Multiensis: This creature is similar to T-Rex, but at the same time, it is very easy to tame. The Therizinosaurus has claws that allow it to perform both delicate actions or even use brute-force. This dinosaur can be used to harvest specific resources or to kill enemies in combat.
Below you can watch the trailer we’ve told you about in this article:
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- ARK: Survival Evolved will soon receive a mysterious eagle-like dinosaur
- ARK: Survival Evolved update welcomes the Titanosaur, the biggest dinosaur in gaming
- Upcoming Redwood Biome Update will introduce many cool features