Many of us use laptops on a daily basis. But it seems that some laptops are having some minor problems with Windows 10. Some users reported that they are getting Asus ACPI driver missing errors on their Windows 10 devices. So let’s see if we can fix this issue somehow.
Asus ACPI driver errors usually appear when Windows 10 starts, and it’s not a serious issue. It’s certainly an annoying one because it will appear every time you start Windows 10. This issue is reported to affect Asus laptops. If you’re having this problem on your laptop you should check out one of our solutions below.
What to do if your Asus ACPI Driver is missing
1. Uninstall Asus Hotkey Service
The Asus Hotkey Service is a simple software that allows you to use Fn keys to adjust brightness, sound volume, etc. on your laptop. It’s a useful tool, but it’s not necessary for your laptop.
According to users Asus Hotkey Service is the main cause for Asus ACPI driver missing error. So in order to fix the error, it’s advised to uninstall it. In order to uninstall this software follow these instructions:
- Click the notification icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Next click Settings and go to All Settings.
- Click System and go to Apps & Features.
- When you open Apps & Features you might have to wait for the list to load.
- Locate Asus Hotkey Service on the list and click to uninstall it.
- As soon as Asus Hotkey Service is uninstalled restart your computer.
This error should be resolved now, and you won’t get Asus ACPI driver missing message again. Of course, this means that you won’t be able to use Asus Hotkey Service and its hotkeys anymore.
If you want to continue using this software and get rid of the error we suggest that you download Asus Hotkey Service version for Windows 8 from here. Just remove the current version as we showed you and install the Version V1.48 from the link above.
2. Update your drivers
If you don’t want to remove the Asus Hotkey Service, then you can try to update your drivers. Outdated driver versions may trigger this alert as Windows 10 fails to detect the driver.
To fix this problem, you can simply download the latest ACPI Driver version. Use Windows 10’s Device Manager, right-click the ACPI Driver and select the update option. You can also use a dedicated driver updater software to do the job.
The recommended tool below is especially easy to use and efficient so that you will achieve maximum results with little or no effort on your part. After you have selected the right driver version for your device, the application will update them individually or in groups at a glance.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Touchscreen not working on ASUS laptop
- Fix: Can’t install Asus Smart Gesture driver on Windows 10
- 5 of the cheapest ASUS monitors under $200