While there isn’t an official SoundCloud app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, it isn’t much of an issue with the unofficial AudioCloud app available. Recently, a new update was released for the app and make it better than it was before.
The app was originally a Silverlight app designed for Windows Phone and Windows 8.x created by Jason Ong. It is now available for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile due to an important change in its design: it’s now Universal and it looks great running on our test computers. It is also available for HoloLens, so if you threw down $3,000 for Microsoft’s most important piece of technology, now you have one more reason to use it.
- Explore and listen to trending music from a variety of genres on SoundCloud
- Follow friends and your favorite artists to listen to what they share
- Like your favorite tracks and playlists for later listening
- Create and organize your playlists to suit various listening moods
- Get action center notifications on new track postings from people you follow
- Use Cortana voice commands to play or search tracks
- Listen to any audio at slower or faster speed. Great for podcast listening
- Fall asleep to streaming music using sleep timer feature
One of the reasons we enjoy using AudioCloud is because its design pairs well with the operating system, so it feels right at home. We wish every app developer would design their apps in such a way. However, seeing as it takes more work, especially when an app is being ported from one operating system to the next, this isn’t something we can expect.
Interested in giving AudioCloud a spin? Download the app from the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Build 14366 brings Windows Store update 11606.1000.43, fixes crash bugs
- Telltale Games to fully support the Windows Store and UWP
- Insiders can now see download sizes in the Windows Store
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.