Macro Software: 7 Best to Create & Record [2023 List]
Download the ultimate macro apps for PC & automate repetitive tasks once and for all
- Since everything is computerized, there’s no wonder that you want to make some adjustments.
- So, what software to use to make keyboard macros? Refer to our below list to find the best macro software.
- Let's say you need to set recurrent tasks to be done automatically and need support. Windows acro software it's what you need.
Everything we use in the 21st century is computerized when it comes to performing tasks. So, we know how much patience is needed to keep this process going for a long time.
We also tend to make mistakes – after all, to err is human. The need to perform repetitive tasks can arise in a wide range of situations.
For example, you may need to transfer a large amount of data from spreadsheets into a database management system.
Or you need to automate common tasks like sending emails or shutting down your computer at a certain time.
If you own a large company, you need to hire a group of trained people to help you process the data. So, what is the solution? What is the easiest way to create a macro?
How do I create my own macro?
If you’ve made it this far, you probably guessed that PC macros are the way to deal with routine, tedious, and repetitive tasks and operations. But you also need a good macro program to handle the job.
In comes the biggest question of them all. What software to use to make keyboard macros?
Let’s explore some of these options right away so that you can make an informed choice:
- MouseKey Recorder – Easy & intuitive macro program
- Robotask – Top-notch macro automation software (260+ actions)
- Macro Recorder – Best macro recorder with step-by-step built-in macro editor
- Workflow.com – Business PC macro (no-code rules engine & workflow)
- Macro ToolWorks – Nifty macro tools for Windows with file encryption
- Pullover’s Macro Creator – Script-based Windows macro creator
- AutoIT – Best macro software for gaming (+ can change registry entries)
The process of making your own macros is fairly simple as well. You need to define the rules (triggers included) and decide on the services or apps that you wish to integrate so that your macros can deal with them accordingly.
We compiled a great range of software options that allow you to automate many of the repetitive processes that you or your company need to stay up and running.
Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
What is the best PC macro?
MouseKey Recorder – Easy & intuitive macro program
Since you aren’t willing to compromise on quality, let us tell you more about what MouseKey Recorder is and how it can help you out.
Well, that’s an efficient solution if your wish is to optimize and automate all sorts of repetitive operations that are performed on a PC.
It doesn’t even matter if you are new to all these. Unlike competitor solutions, there are no complex menus to worry about. You can simply open the app and intuitively record the mouse and keyboard.
Plus, it’s no need for complicated operations to set up your macro settings, or get lost in menus or programs. You only have to record mouse movements and keyboard strokes.
No more wondering what software to use to make keyboard macros. If you need greatly intuitive software to automate processes using macros, this is the winning solution for your efficiency.
Other notable features include:
- Intuitive and easy, even for inexperienced users
- Real-time recording of both mouse and keyboard actions
- Play speed adjustment options
- No limit on repetitive operations automation
- Free trial in order to give it a go and make a decision
This tool opens up a new world of possibilities in terms of PC automation. Eager to try it out?
Robotask – Top-notch macro automation software (260+ actions)
Robotask allows you to automate a great range of tasks on your Windows PC. You can run applications on a schedule, check emails, back up your files either through download or upload, schedule email sending, etc.
You can use Robotask to create simple or complex tasks, depending on your needs. When it comes to the complex automation capabilities of this software, you can create IF/ELSE statements, loops, set custom variables, etc.
Robotask is equipped with a user-friendly custom interface that allows you to simply select the options you need and then allows you to edit them in any way you see fit.
You can choose from a wide range of actions designed for working with files, the internet, FTP, data stats, etc.
Because of Robotask’s wide range of features, you can also create custom scripts that can be activated in certain conditions.
One of the best features of Robotask is the fact that you can run it as a service (SaaS), allowing you to automate different tasks even if you are not logged on.
Other notable features include:
- Shut down Windows based on different triggers of your choosing
- Process files and folders – copy, move, rename, delete
- FTP and Web servers compatibility (can use uploads and downloads, etc.)
- Automate the process of sending letters and files by e-mail
- You can use the tool as an alarm clock
If you want great automated macro software, Robotask is up for the job. Don’t hesitate to give it a try!
Macro Recorder – Best macro recorder with a built-in macro editor
Macro Recorder is a macro automation software tool that allows you to track and record the movement of your computer’s mouse, record keystrokes, and automate repetitive tasks.
You might be wondering – Is Macro Recorder worth it? Well, we believe it does worth paying for. For instance, the Smart macro optimization feature automatically removes unnecessary steps to make things even easier for you.
There is also a step-by-step built-in macro editor, plus you can install this software even on portable USB drives. What’s there not to like?
You can use this lightweight application to edit macros, organize them into folders or groups, restore the previous position of any file if it has been moved, and store all the recordings in an easy-to-access location.
Other notable features include:
- Records program window names, positions, and sizes
- Can trigger specific macros if a certain action is taken
- Macro export compatible with PhraseExpress v14
- Can change the playback speed of recordings
- Pixel detection with color tolerance options
- Compatibility with HiRes (retina) displays
Create useful automation tasks using macro recording tools offered by this effective software.
Workflow.com – Business PC macro (no-code rules engine & workflow)
The next software is a Workflow automation service created by Decisions that helps small or mid-size businesses to automate processes and strategies.
This tool is best suited for teams that need full automation for long and repetitive tasks, using visual tools and no code automation to improve time management or marketing results.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Let’s see how you can actually use this program. It is possible to achieve a multitude of professional results with graphic design workflows, dynamic form builders, task management platforms, and integration with other web services.
Moreover, you can create complex workflows without any coding settings and build process automation by simply adding steps to diagrams, configuring, and attaching the tasks in sequence. With over 2000 steps library it’s very intuitive to set up your workflow.
Additionally, the automation of your workflows sure includes communication elements and integrated forms in order to enhance the work processes using automated service.
Hence if you run a business yourself or often work in a team, it’s no reason you should not consider this modern automation software.
Macro ToolWorks – Nifty macro tools for Windows with file encryption
Macro Toolworks is a complete package of powerful automation tools to use on Windows PCs.
You can use it to create and record macros and allows you to play them back either in the Windows application or by the use of an Internet webpage.
This allows you to remotely control your macros from anywhere in the world. Each macro can be set up to react according to a wide range of triggers.
This includes text shortcuts, keyboard hot-keys, mouse clicks, changes to any folder or files, etc.
The macros created in this software can also emulate the use of a normal user by sending virtual Windows keys and mouse clicks, filling web forms, sending and receiving emails, extracting or inserting data into Excel files, etc.
In the Free version, you can set simple hotkeys, use macro toolbar buttons with text, set schedules for timed macros, trigger macros when Windows either starts, is shut down, etc.
You can also set trigger macros when files are created, changed in any way, or deleted. This allows you to keep on track with any changes that happen across time and correct them if needed and many other actions.
- Can open multiple macro files at the same time
- Multi-language user interface
- Can save macros in a single file for easy access
- Macro file encryption – helps protect your content from being easily opened Integrated help into the commands editor
- Can search within the macro database by names, triggers, descriptions
- Trigger button that turns on or off all macro triggers
Pullover’s Macro Creator – Script-based Windows macro creator
This software is a great free and lightweight macro creation software that allows you to write scripts, has a built-in recorder, can record any use of your computer, and automate different tasks.
Macro Creator can be used by both experienced and beginner-level users. It offers you the choice of using the pre-set scripts or writing your own using the AutoHotkey Script.
This app can also record keystrokes, and mouse movement, but also keeps control over files, windows, etc, while adapting to the pre-selected data inputs.
Other notable features include:
- Control commands – allows you to control windows in the background
- Window commands – can maximize, maximize and set a wide range of window settings
- Search for a specific image or pixel on the screen and react according to the macro’s characteristics
- Loops – can create simple and advanced loops that allow you to easily browse through folders, text files, etc.
- Set If Statements – can react in a specific way if an action happens
- Auto-hotkey Expressions – can control applications like Excel, Word, etc.
⇒ Get Pullover’s Macro Creator
AutoIT – Best macro software for gaming (+ can change registry entries)
AutoIT is another free and easy-to-use software option that allows you to easily create macros, edit them to your needs, and can also automate a wide range of repetitive processes.
You can execute programs, automate keystrokes and mouse clicks, modify Windows functions, etc.
One of the best features of this program is the fact that it can automate simple text and clipboard functions, and can also be used to change registry entries.
The automation features offered by AutoIT are very easy to understand and use, and it offers a wide range of automated functions.
The AutoIt installation pack includes both x86 and x64 compatible versions and contains program files, documentation, and examples, Aut2Exe – script that allows you to convert macro tasks into standalone .exe files, and also offers a basic version of the SciTE script editor.
The standalone Auto Script Editor is also contained in the installation pack, offering a customized version of SciTE with many additional coding tools.
In this article, we explored some of the best options available on the market that allow you to automate different actions on your computer with ease.
You can record any action performed, store data, and share it easily.
More so, in case you run a business and often need automated processes you can check more business guides for your line of work to find what you need.
The options presented in this list cover the needs of both users who want high-grade professional software with tons of features, and also those who need a quick way to sort out their needs.
Let us know which software option you chose from this list in the comments section below.