- Trading software can perform automated actions, such as trade entries and exits, based on rules that you define.
- Around 75% of shares traded on the US stock exchange happen because of rules triggered in automatic trading systems.
- To learn more about trading and the tools that help, visit our dedicated Trading Hub.
- If you are looking for the right tools to accelerate your business, visit our Business Software section.
Trading stocks, futures, and options by Automated Trading Systems (ATS) is a great way to increase your income.
Automated trading of stocks, futures, and options simply involves a computer program being able to create orders and submitting them automatically to an exchange center or market.
Specifications and rules can be set by the user while the program monitors the market in order to find opportunities to trade according to these specifications.
This kind of trading is often fast-paced but highly profitable and even enjoyable to participate in.
The tools also apply for these topics as well:
- Automated day trading software – Day trading means performing the transaction on the same trading day. This is the most common form and the software can be set up in this way.
- Cryptocurrency automated trading software – Only the software that allows performing trades with cryptocurrency.
- Fully automated trading software – This usually involves monitoring the news and applying such data in the decision-making process.
- automated online trading software – Every trading software needs to be online to perform and execute the operations.
What are the best automated trading software for Windows PC?
ZuluTrade was founded in 2007. It’s an online trading platform with some social elements and the ability to copy trading options and add automation.
Regulated by the HCMC, they offer APIs for traders, scripts, and auto-execution options. They’ve gained a lot of respect back in 2015 when the platform was awarded an EU Portfolio Management License.
Since you are looking for automated trading software, here are the 3 main features from ZuluTrade.
- The Automator
- As early as 2016, this functionality was added.
- Based on rules that you add, when certain events occur, the Automator will send you an email notification or will automatically execute certain actions.
- Basically, this offers the chance to talk to trading bots by creating scripts.
- This trade automation allows you to perform much more trades than if you were to manually place orders.
- With so much automation going on, you might risk losing everything in case of glitches.
- This unique feature for risk management asks for the amount of capital you have available and calculates a trading exit value for all opened trades.
In case the specified threshold is achieved, then all open positions will be automatically closed, thus minimizing any potential loss.
If you are still unsure, there’s the ability to create a Demo Account as well.
ZuluTradeCreate an account at ZuluTrade to benefit from ZuluScript, ZuluGuard, and other exclusive features for automated trading and more.
Trading Signal, Mobile trading, and the Market are the integral parts of MetaTrader 4 that improve your Forex trading experience.
The software offers a lot of opportunities to traders of all skill levels.
- Advanced technical analysis.
- Flexible trading system.
- Algorithmic trading.
- Expert Advisors, as well as mobile trading applications.
- It’s signal and market additional services extend the frontiers of MetaTrader 4. It allows you to copy the trades of other traders while providing you with several expert advisors and technical indicators that you can purchase.
- Ability to check if there is still money available in your account.
- You can easily access history data by using the predefined arrays of Time, Open, Low, High, Close, and Volume.
- Very easy to get the information about errors in the program.
- Some methods fail to work when there are several incoming prices.
- Loss of internet connection results in malfunction.
- It is lightweight and can easily be modified.
- Simple, stable and offers helpful Support.
- Very good trading software.
- It is very appalling.
- The built-in backtesting is buggy and not very elegant when it comes to designing systems to backtest.
- Loss of internet connection usually results in malfunction.
NinjaTrader is a trading platform that can be used to trade your brokerage account. It is compatible with Windows OS.
- In milliseconds, users can submit and manage their stop loss and profit target orders.
- Orders and trades can be placed and managed directly within a chart.
- Order Entry Hot Keys: Drive order submission, cancellation, modification, and close positions.
- Users can run automated trading strategies.
- Various orders can be submitted in order to protect an open position, when one is filled, the other is canceled automatically.
- Users can set up complex alerts that will trigger based on pre-defined alert conditions.
- Users can make use of tabbed windows in order to maximize screen real estate and enhance the efficiency of the workspace.
- SuperDOM Indicators and Columns.
- Demo mode is free to use.
- Several brokerage offerings.
- C# programming provides extreme flexibility
- Several charting types are supported.
- Great technical support.
- The data feed is not included.
- Programming is usually longer compared to other platforms.
- Loss of internet connection will result in malfunction.
- Low supported brokerages.
AvaTrade is one of the best trading solutions. It is customized perfectly for each trader’s preferences. It is compatible with Windows OS.
- Risk tolerance.
- Management tools.
- Over 1,000,000,000 strategies are available.
- A user-friendly interface.
- Simple Usage.
- Enables advanced strategies for all traders.
- Automatic Updates. It updates directly on the platform daily, to ensure strategies and current market status synchronizes.
- Traders from all levels can easily benefit from their services.
- Unique Algorithm.
- Loss of internet connection usually results in malfunction.
It is compatible with Windows OS. It has a high-level functionality and offers access to trade in several markets with low latency.
- Market analysis.
- Running of Algorithmic strategies.
- Risk management.
- Investors are able to set up their trading terminal exactly the way they desire it to be, even down to the color scheme.
- Workspaces views creation
- ProTrader trading platform has two pre-loaded workspaces, the Beginner and Professional, in order for users to select the one that fits their requirements easily without bothering about customization.
- The overall design is professional-looking and beautiful.
- The platform contains market features that a lot of investors are in need of.
- It allows the trading of a wide range of instruments and assets, providing investors the option of selecting forex, stocks, options, CFDs and futures.
- The charting area of the ProTrader platform is small.
Automated trading software comes with lots of advantages and very few disadvantages. These solutions enable users to trade while sleeping, lower emotion due to its ability to make non-subjective trades, and also it has a micro-second decision processing ability.
Go for the one most suitable for you. Click on the software link available at the end of the description.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check our article about the best automated trading software for PCs.
Like with any investment, your capital is at risk and there are no guarantees. Automated Trading can be profitable if done right.
As long as the strategy and algorithms are not created with the purpose of manipulative trading or market disruption, automated trading is allowed.