Did you know that you can set up an automatic replay in Outlook?
This feature can be incredibly useful, and in today’s article we’ll show you how to set it up on your PC.
How to set up auto replay message in Outlook?
1. Enable Automatic Replies
If you’re using IMAP or POP email account, you need to enable automatic replies on your own by following these steps:
- Go to File > Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Choose Email Rules and check the checkbox next to the auto-responder rule.
- Click OK to save changes.
2. Create an email template
- Select New Email from the toolbar.
- Create a template message. Once you’re done, click on File > Save as.
- Set Save as type to Outlook Template and enter the desired name. Click the Save button.
3. Create Automatic Replay Rule
- Go to File > Info > Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Go to Email Rules tab and in the Apply changes to this folder field select your email account.
- Click on New Rule.
- Select Apply rule on messages I receive in Start from a blank rule
- Check Where my name is in the To box option and click Next.
- Select Replay using a specific template.
- In Step 2: Edit the rule description field, click on the specific template link.
- Set Look In to User Templates in File System.
- Select the template you created in the previous section and click Next.
- In Select exceptions list, check except if it is an automatic replay check box.
- Enter the desired name for this rule and select Turn on this rule check box.
- Click Finish and OK and the automatic replay should be enabled.
4. Enable Automatic Replies for Exchange Accounts
- Go to File > Info and select Automatic Replies.
- Select Send automatic replies.
- Enter the desired message in the text box.
- Optional: You can check Only send during this time range option if you want to send automated replies in a specific time frame.
- You can also configure different messages for contacts inside your organization or outside of your organization by selecting the appropriate tab.
- Once you’re done, click OK.
There you go, a quick and easy guide on how to set up an automatic replay in Outlook. If you found this guide useful, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
- How to disable the Mail app in Windows 10
- Can’t delete an email folder in Outlook? Follow these steps
- How to fix Gmail emails go straight to trash